Cardiothoracic Surgeon Albuquerque
At Presbyterian, it s not just what we do that matters. It s how we do it. How we do things here makes all the difference.
Presbyterian is a great place to practice medicine and provide safe, high-quality care. Here, you ll find a different way to make a difference.
The Presbyterian Heart and Vascular Care team is seeking an experienced Cardiothoracic Surgeon with surgical experience in full-scope cardiothoracic practice to join our exceptional adult cardiothoracic service. We re all about well-being, starting with yours. We offer a nationally competitive salary with relocation allowance available, CME allowance and fully paid malpractice insurance.
- Specializes in diagnosing, medically managing, and surgically treating conditions of the heart and thoracic area, with an emphasis on approximately 50% heart and 50% thoracic cases.
- Cultivates strong collaborative relationships with physicians across various specialties.
- Fosters a team-oriented environment by communicating clearly and respectfully with all members of the healthcare team.
- Exercises professional judgement in providing comprehensive care to hospitalist patients, drawing upon extensive experience and expertise to achieve goals.
- Oversees the physician-patient relationship and manages patient care in both hospital and clinic settings, including designated clinic hours.
- Provides continuous education for the staff, contributing to a culture of ongoing learning and development.
- Aligns with organizational strategies and goals, focusing on Better Health, Exceptional Experience, and Cost Accountability
- Participates in system-wide health management initiatives and evidence-based medicine practices.
- Offers input into the financial, clinical, and service quality performance of clinical sites.
- Contributes to the development and implementation of clinical and service standards.
- Collaborates closely with the Oncology Service Line to support necessary thoracic surgeries (VATS, esophageal, pulmonary) for compassionate patient care.
- Provides on-call support for cardiovascular and thoracic surgical cases, rotating with the CV surgical team.
What We re Seeking:
- 1 to 5 years of post-training experience preferred
- Outstanding patient care qualities and highly motivated providers.
- Patient-focused and willing to collaborate and work in a team environment.
- Ability to obtain a medical license to practice in the state of New Mexico.
We offer all employees a robust, day one effective benefits plan consisting of medical, dental, and vision and more. Exceptional retirement plans 403b retirement savings program with both matching programs and employer contributions.
Who we are:
Presbyterian Healthcare Services exists to improve the health of patients, members and the communities we serve. We are a locally owned, not-for-profit healthcare system of nine hospitals, a statewide health plan and a growing multi-specialty medical group. Founded in New Mexico in 1908, we are the state s largest private employer with nearly 14,000 employees including more than 1,600 providers and nearly 4,700 nurses.
About New Mexico
New Mexico continues to grow steadily in population and features a low cost-of-living.
Varied landscapes bring filmmakers here from around the world to capture a slice of the natural beauty New Mexicans enjoy every day. Our landscapes are as diverse as our culture from mountains, forests, canyons, and lakes, to caverns, hot springs and sand dunes.
New Mexico offers endless recreational opportunities to explore and enjoy an active lifestyle. Venture off the beaten path, challenge your body in the elements, or open yourself up to the expansive sky. From hiking, golfing and biking to skiing, snowboarding and boating, it s all available among our beautiful wonders of the west.
To learn more about Presbyterian or to apply, contact Tammy Duran at firstname.lastname@example.org or (505) 923-5567.
AA/EOE/VET/DISABLED/NMHRA. PHS is committed to ensuring a drug-free workplace.