Sinai Hospital of Baltimore
LifeBridge Health System
Sinai Hospital is a Regional Medical Campus of the George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences. Since April 2023, Sinai Hospital has been hosting GW medical students for all required rotations and electives for their third and fourth years of medical school. GW medical students have been rotating at Sinai Hospital for some rotations including OB/GYN since 2018.
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology is seeking a board certified/eligible laborist.
Recognized for two consecutive years by US News and World Report as a high performing unit, Maternity Hospital Ratings for Sinai Hospital of Baltimore | US News the BirthPlace at Sinai Hospital is an integral part of the Baltimore community performing 1,800 births annually. We are also recipients of the 2022 and 2024 Minogue Award Circle of Honor given by the Maryland Patient Safety center in recognition of our innovations in patient safety
Sinai serves the people of greater Baltimore as well as national and international patients. It is a nonprofit teaching hospital with an ACGME accredited residency program providing training for more than 140 residents. With 483 beds, Sinai is the largest community hospital in Maryland.
Our Department provides the following services
- 1,800 annual births
- Level 3 Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Well established team of attending faculty
- Growing Maternal Fetal Medicine practice that provides full range of antenatal services.
- Support for diabetes management provided by a registered dietician
- Provide the highest level of expertise in complete prenatal and postnatal care and the latest gynecologic surgeries
- Robust divisions of Urogynecology and Gynecologic Oncology provide patients with a full range of advanced GYN care as well as support for Obstetric emergencies
- Laborist program supports the labor and delivery unit
- Education for future OB/GYNs in our ACGME certified residency programof 16 residents (4 per year)
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology is seeking a Full Time Laborist/Nocturnist. Join Us, Care Bravely!
The Laborist will perform the following services:
- Provide inpatient coverage for Labor and Delivery and OB triage
- Consult for post-partum and Emergency Departments
- Oversee Emergency Department and Gynecologic emergencies that includes but is not limited to miscarriages, ectopic pregnancies and complications of GYN surgery
- Manage labor floor that provides coverage of both low risk and high-risk pregnancies
- Perform vaginal deliveries as well as operative deliveries, cesarean sections, both primary and repeat procedures
- Regularly scheduled shifts of either 12 or 24 hours
- Enjoy the reward and challenge of teaching and supervising future OB/GYN physicians in our longstanding and well regarded ACGME certified program
- Be a part of our departmental focus on enhancing patient safety and improving physician satisfaction
- Consistent schedule with full time benefits
Excellent Leadership and Teaching Opportunity!
Lifebridge Health hospitals are located within easy driving distance to wonderful cultural richness and diversity. Baltimore has something for everyone from the bustle of downtown to quaint area suburbs all within a short commute to our hospitals. It is also easy to hop on a train and be anywhere from Washington, DC, Philadelphia, or New York City in no time. For those with children, Sinai hospital is located on the Northern Parkway corridor, home to some of the best private schools in the country. Team members in our group enjoy a wide range of options for outdoor fun, including Eastern Shore beaches, Western Maryland rapids, Pennsylvania ski slopes, and beautiful Annapolis and Chesapeake Bays.
- Excellent base salary and RVU bonus
- Sign on Bonus
- Relocation expenses
- Full benefit package
- Flexible spending account (FSAs)
- Free parking
- 403(b) retirement plan
- 457(b) deferred compensation plan
- CME allowance
- Life insurance
- PSLF Applicable
- Discounted membership at our 70,000 square foot health and fitness center
For more information about this exciting opportunity contact