HSS Main Campus (New York, NY); remote flexibility
Available start date: Immediate
At the direction of the Physician-in-Chief or his designee, you will provide clinical care and administrative guidance for the HSS Division of Endocrinology/Metabolic Bone
This will be a full-time position with 4 days of clinical duties and 1 day of administrative responsibilities. Visits may be in-person or virtual at the discretion of the provider. While the majority of practice will focus on metabolic bone, patients with other types of endocrine disorders will be seen as well. Additionally, you will be involved with the teaching and administrative activities of the Department of Medicine and Endocrine Division.
It is expected that the candidate will:
- Provide consultations for patients in the Endocrinology/Metabolic Bone clinical practice
- Serve on departmental and/or institutional committees at the direction of the Physician-in-Chief or his designee and the Chief Executive Officer
- Participate in the monthly academic conferences in the Department of Medicine and the Endocrinology/Metabolic Bone Service
- Support the Department of Medicine and the Endocrinology/Metabolic Bone Service leadership in clinical program development and other service offerings to patients and the community
- Precept at the Metabolic Bone Fellows Clinic (occurs once monthly) to provide oversight, support, teaching and mentorship to fellows in the triage, assessment, and management of patients with metabolic bone disease and related conditions
- Be available for sharing of on call duties and other responsibilities as directed by the Chief of the Division
- Collaborate with internists and orthopedic surgeons, particularly those focused on Joint Replacement, Sports, and Spine, to identify and address during the pre-operative period, risk factors for poor surgical outcomes related to bone health
- MD or DO required
- Current Board Certification in Endocrinology
- Active medical license in NY
- Active tristate (CT, NJ, PA) and Florida licenses
Competitive salary is commensurate with experience and includes an excellent benefits package. To apply, please email CV and cover letter of interest to Elisa Relea at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, please visit: https://www.hss.edu/medicine.asp
About Hospital for Special Surgery
Founded in 1863, HSS is a world leader in orthopedics, rheumatology and rehabilitation. In the most recent U.S. News & World Report “American’s Best Hospitals” issue, HSS ranks #1 in orthopedics and #3 in rheumatology. In addition, the American Nurses Credentialing Center has honored HSS with three consecutive designations of Magnet® recognition. HSS has one of the lowest infection rates in the country.
HSS offers a unique work environment, diverse job types and extraordinary career opportunities. HSS encourages and supports professional growth and development, recognizes individual contributions, and offers unique and highly competitive compensation packages. This is how we attract and retain highly skilled professionals, renowned for their leadership and vision in clinical care, teaching, research & development.
HSS physicians are team doctors for the New York Mets, New York Giants, New York Knicks, New York Liberty, and New York Red Bulls. HSS is the Official Hospital of The PGA of America, New York Road Runners for the ING New York City Marathon, St. John’s Athletics, CUNY Athletic Conference, and other professional and college teams. HSS has been designated as the first National Medical Center of the United States Olympic Committee’s National Medical Network.
Hospital for Special Surgery is located in New York City and online at www.hss.edu HSS is an equal opportunity employer.