Mercy Health St. Elizabeth Youngstown Hospital is recruiting for an Assistant Program Director and Core Faculty positions. The program has an approved total compliment of 33 positions in Continued Accreditation status with ACGME.
- Excellent Board pass rate, 97% board pass rate on a 3-year rolling average.
- Responsibilities include curriculum development, ongoing maintenance of program accreditation, resident recruitment, scholarly activities, and patient care.
- Clinical duties include hospital rounds with a resident team, precepting all levels of residents at St. Elizabeth Internal Medicine Outpatient Clinic, working with medical students, and direct patient care hours.
- The salaried position is full time with comprehensive benefits.
- The qualified physician will possess current board certification and be eligible for a license in Ohio.
- Will consider recent graduates.
- Affiliation with Northeast Ohio Medical University (NEOMED), Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM), and Ohio University Heritage College of Medicine (OUHCOM).
- Join our dedicated Internal Medicine physicians in a rewarding teaching career.
- Continued faculty development available.
St Elizabeth Youngstown Hospital is licensed for 550 short-term, 30 long term beds to provide comprehensive care to patients of all ages. We are a Level 1 Trauma Center and Primary Stroke Center, equipped to handle the most serious emergencies and offer a full range of hospital services are available 24/7. Mercy Health, the sponsoring institution, is an integrated health system in the Mahoning Valley, which encompasses the Youngstown/Warren metropolitan area Mahoning, Trumbull and Columbiana counties in Ohio. It is part of Mercy Health, which is headquartered in Cincinnati and is the largest health system in Ohio and one of the largest Catholic health systems in the United States.
Our residency is in Youngstown, Ohio, just an hour s drive from Cleveland and Pittsburgh. Youngstown is at the center of the Mahoning Valley, with a population of 550,000. It s a comfortable and inviting community with excellent schools and affordable housing, plus dozens of galleries, museums, performance venues and historic sites.
Mercy Health Physicians offers an extensive network of physicians and is the largest group in the Mahoning Valley. Our team includes primary care physicians and a wide range of specialties.
Learn more at: https://www.mercy.com/about-us/careers/graduate-medical-education/locations/youngstown/internal-medicine-residency-at-st-elizabeth-youngstown-hospital
We also have traditional outpatient primary care opportunities. Learn more at www.mercy.com/Youngstown.
Christine Ruggieri, Physician Recruitment