Mercy Hospital in Portland, Maine is looking for a visionary leader to grow Mercy's well-established Primary Care service into a Center of Excellence. The right candidate will be a charismatic motivator who enjoys being part of the conversation that will determine the future face of health care in Maine. This is an opportunity to work synergistically with our hospital leadership to grow an area of strategic priority. The next phase of Primary Care at Mercy is our soon-to-be-built Internal Medicine magnet practice at Rock Row where we will join the Dempsey Center, Dana Farber Institute, and New England Cancer center to provide the highest level of care to patients in Greater Portland and beyond. The Medical Director may also have the opportunity to chart the course for this new chapter of internal medicine delivery by building this new practice from the ground up.Expectations of Medical Director include:
Candidates for this position:
- Energetically lead a team of exceptional providers spanning 7 outpatient primary care facilities
- Lead change to more effectively achieve the strategic initiatives of the organization; serves as a role model of the change expected from others;
- Collaboratively develop and implement quality improvement goals and measures;
- Serve as a strategic-thinking member of Mercy's leadership team;
Lifestyle and community:
- Must be Board Certified in Internal or Family Medicine and eligible for licensure in Maine;
- Will have at least 5 years experience, demonstrating clear growth in a leadership capacity;
- Should possess strong clinical, managerial, and leadership skills;
- Advanced degree (MPH, MBA, MHA) and/or certification preferred.
Northern Light Mercy Hospital
- Portland and its surrounding towns are well-known for their nationally recognized public and private schools;
- Outdoor recreation activities abound with ample access to the coast, the woods, the mountains, and everything in between;
- Cultural activities are many including a world-class art museum with ambitions expansion plans; a rich, innovative, and award-winning dining scene; educational opportunities galore; and all the amenities of a larger city without the traffic;
- Portland is well-connected for globetrotters with its manageable airport and easy access to Boston.
Northern Light Mercy Hospital, an acute care, non-profit hospital in Portland, Maine, is a sponsored ministry of the Sisters of Mercy of the Americas. We advocate for a society in which all can realize their full potential and achieve the common good. We give priority to those that society ignores. The greater Portland community has come to rely on the personal care and healing focus that Northern Light Mercy Hospital provides.
We are located in Maine's largest city, Portland, offers a blend of old-world charm and modern sophistication. This city has been routinely ranked among the top ten in national listings for best restaurants, health, and the best place to raise a family. You don't have to go far outside of Portland to "get away." Whether you prefer the urban way of life or rustic country living, southern Maine offers something for everyone.Northern Light Health
At Northern Light Health, we're building a better approach to healthcare because we believe people deserve access to care that works for them. As an integrated health delivery system serving Maine, we're raising the bar with no-nonsense solutions that are leading the way to a healthier future for our state.