SSM Health - Dean Medical Group, a 500+ multi-specialty group, is actively recruiting a Board Certified/Board Eligible General Surgeon for a full-time (0.8-1.0 FTE) position in Baraboo, Wisconsin. Baraboo is geographically located 50 minutes north of Madison in the beautiful rolling hills of Sauk County in South-Central Wisconsin. Additional details:
- Ideal candidate will have a broad skillset and be patient centered and service oriented.
- Practice will include both upper and lower endoscopies.
- Practice will include elective C sections.
- Clinic has a wide variety of specialties so there is a substantial referral network.
- Call requirement of 1:2 weekdays and 1:6 weekends (Friday 5pm until Sunday 9pm)
- Call includes all ER and inpatient consults (general surgery, colonoscopies, EGD, C sections) as well as rounding on inpatients.
- C-Section coverage of 1:3 between general surgery and obstetrics/gynecology
- Epic EMR
- Excellent compensation, a signing bonus, and fringe benefits will be provided.
- Active unrestricted WI medical license
- Active unrestricted WI DEA
- Board Certified/Board Eligible in General Surgery
- Must maintain Board Certification in General Surgery
SSM Health - St. Clare Hospital, is a 100-bed facility with 24-hour, Level 3 trauma ER coverage which is contracted through Madison Emergency Physicians; there is 24/7 Hospitalist coverage; full lab and pathology services; average 300 deliveries/yr. The ICU consists of 6 beds and the hospital contracts with Hicuity Telemedicine. The hospital's primary service area includes the communities of Baraboo, Merrimac, Rock Springs, North Freedom, Lyndon Station, Lake Delton, and Wisconsin Dells, with a population of 38,363. In addition, there are 3.5 million tourists who vacation in our area annually.The Community
Baraboo, a picturesque community of just over 10,000, serves as the county seat and is just minutes away from Wisconsin Dells, The Waterpark Capital of the World and scenic Devils Lake State Park. More than 3.5 million visitors enjoy the Baraboo / Wisconsin Dells area each year as part of their vacation or conference travel itinerary. Home to Circus World Museum, the original Winter quarters of the Ringling Bros. Circus, Baraboo provides a charming and friendly small-town atmosphere with unique shopping, lodging and dining. Plus year-round attraction and recreational options like skiing, hiking, biking, water sports, hunting and fishing abound.