* Specialty: Pediatric Surgery
* Schedule: PRN as needed
* Call Schedule: Call does not apply to the PRN
* Practice Detail: Join 2 full-time board-certified, fellowship- trained surgeons with additional support from APPs and other PRN surgeons
* EMR System: Athena/Cerner One Chart
* Facility: Studer Family Children's Hospital
* Location: Pensacola, FL
* Visa Eligibility: None
Paid time off (PTO)
Various health insurance options & wellness plans
Retirement benefits including employer match plans
Long-term & short-term disability
Employee assistance programs (EAP)
Parental leave & adoption assistance
Ways to give back to your community
*Please note, benefits and benefits eligibility can vary by position, exclusions may apply for some roles (for example: PRN, Short-Term Option, etc.). Actual compensation offer will vary based upon role, education, experience, location, and qualifications. Connect with your Talent Advisor for additional specifics.
Ascension Sacred Heart is looking for a Board Certified/Board Eligible Pediatric Surgeon for our Pediatric Subspecialties Department.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to partner with Ascension Sacred Heart to provide medical services to patients.
* Experienced, collegial partners and staff
* Region's only children's hospital
* New ORs dedicated to Pediatrics
About Ascension Sacred Heart Pensacola Studer Family Children's Hospital
* As part of Ascension ? the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system ? Sacred Heart Hospital Pensacola in a 566-bed facility that offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits package.
* Sacred Heart was founded by the Daughters of Charity in 1915. While our technology has improved dramatically, and the buildings have grown and expanded, our commitment to the mission remains steadfast: to provide excellent health care to all people, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable.
* The Studer Family Children's Hospital at Ascension Sacred Heart is Northwest Florida's only hospital solely dedicated to the care of sick and injured babies and children. The Children's Hospital provides quality, compassionate care to children, regardless of their patients' ability to pay. We offer a wide range of services to meet all the child's medical needs, from the area's only Level III neonatal ICU to PIC, cancer care, rehabilitation and a medical staff of more than 120 board-certified physicians, caring for children across 30 pediatric specialties.
* Our campus includes: Onsite Ronald McDonald House and in-house Ronald McDonald Family Room, a regional pediatric dialysis center, pediatric sedation for imaging studies (only hospital in the area).
* Home to pristine white beaches and the iconic emerald waters of the Gulf Coast (consistently voted one of the top beaches in the country)
* Pensacola boasts a rich history including: pre-Civil War forts, archaeological sites, the title of America's first settlement, and is home to the US Navy's flight demonstration squadron - The Blue Angels.
* Cost of living below the national average
* The perfect combination of a relaxed beach town and bustling metropolitan center, Pensacola's temperate and climate offer a friendly community and an unparalleled quality of life.
* Pensacola prides itself on its diverse and emerging cultures. Annual festivals, events, and performances display the region's greatest musicians, food, artists, shows, and vendors that captivate the heart and history of the area.
About Ascension Medical Group
When you join Ascension Medical Group (AMG), you are entering a community where physician and advanced practice provider engagement and experience is recognized as a key driver of delivering excellent patient care.
With 1,900 sites of care and 7,000 providers strong, AMG is one of the largest healthcare provider networks in the United States. Physicians and advanced practice providers benefit from a collaborative approach to care, significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages.
? Licensed Physician MD/DO credentialed from the Florida Board of Medicine obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Board eligibility/certification in medical specialty required.
? Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
? Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) required.
Why Join Our Team
Ascension Sacred Heart is a leading provider of high-quality healthcare to children and adults in South Alabama and Northwest Florida communities and operates Northwest Florida's only children's hospital. Our faith-based ministry offers caregivers the opportunity to flourish personally and professionally in a variety of specialties, including cardiology, brain and spine, pediatrics, women's health, orthopedics and cancer care.
Ascension is a leading non-profit, faith-based national health system made up of over 150,000 associates and 2,600 sites of care, including more than 140 hospitals and 40 senior living communities in 19 states.
Our Mission, Vision and Values encompass everything we do at Ascension. Every associate is empowered to give back, volunteer and make a positive impact in their community. Ascension careers are more than jobs; they are opportunities to enhance your life and the lives of the people around you.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
For further information, view the EEO Know Your Rights (English) poster or EEO Know Your Rights (Spanish) poster.
As a military friendly organization, Ascension promotes career flexibility and offers many benefits to help support the well-being of our military families, spouses, veterans and reservists. Our associates are empowered to apply their military experience and unique perspective to their civilian career with Ascension.
Pay Non-Discrimination Notice
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.