* Specialty: Rheumatology
* Schedule: Full-time (Outpatient clinic operates Mon-Fri during normal business hours, closed weekends and holidays.)
* Practice Detail: Joining established, busy practice delivering compassionate, personalized care
* EMR System: Athena
* Facility: Ascension Sacred Heart Pensacola Rheumatology
* Location: Pensacola, FL
* Visa Eligibility: NA
Paid time off (PTO)
Various health insurance options & wellness plans
Retirement benefits including employer match plans
Long-term & short-term disability
Employee assistance programs (EAP)
Parental leave & adoption assistance
Ways to give back to your community
*Please note, benefits and benefits eligibility can vary by position, exclusions may apply for some roles (for example: PRN, Short-Term Option, etc.). Actual compensation offer will vary based upon role, education, experience, location, and qualifications. Connect with your Talent Advisor for additional specifics.
Ascension Sacred Heart is looking for a Rheumatologist to join our Rheumatology Department at Ascension Sacred Heart in Pensacola, FL.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to partner with Ascension Sacred Heart to provide medical services to patients.
* Joining established, busy practice
* Employed position with very competitive salary and robust benefits package including malpractice with pre-paid tail coverage
* Retirement plan with employer match
* Paid CME & licenses/permits
* Signing and relocation allowance
* Pristine beaches, warm Gulf of Mexico waters, nature preserves
* Rapidly growing community
* No state income tax
* Evaluates and treats patients with appropriate medical diagnostic and treatment skills.
* Recommends, participates in, and works to ensure the success of efforts to improve cost effectiveness and quality of care provided to patients.
* Accepts patient referrals from other physicians. Acts as admitting, attending and/or consulting physician for patients who require hospitalization for primary medical diagnoses, depending on needs of patients, medical staff and hospital.
* Participates in academic programs (e.g. medical education and research) as requested.
* Provides appropriate documentation that meets insurance company requirements; appeal all denials in a timely manner.
* Participates in inpatient and outpatient consultation for specialty, which may include on call schedules.
About Ascension Sacred Heart Pensacola
* As part of Ascension ? the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system ? Sacred Heart Hospital Pensacola is a 566-bed facility that offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package.
* Sacred Heart was founded by the Daughters of Charity in 1915. While our technology has improved dramatically, and the buildings have grown and expanded, our commitment to the mission remains steadfast: to provide excellent health care to all people, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable.
* Sacred Heart Health System includes hospital campuses in Pensacola, Miramar Beach, Panama City, and Port St. Joe, Florida, as well as The Studer Family Children's Hospital at Sacred Heart ? Northwest Florida's only children's hospital ? and Sacred Heart Medical Group, the largest network of primary care and specialty physicians in Northwest Florida.
* In affiliation with the University of Florida, Sacred Heart offers the region's only kidney transplant program, as well as physician residency programs to train the next generation of doctors in internal medicine, pediatrics and obstetrics/gynecology.
* Major regional services based in Pensacola also include the Regional Heart and Vascular Institute, the area's leading Stroke Center, a Level II Trauma Center, a full-service diagnostic centers, women's health and maternity services, the Studer Family Children's Hospital, and a Cancer Center affiliated with MD Anderson Cancer Network.
* Home to pristine white beaches and the iconic emerald waters of the Gulf Coast (consistently voted one of the top beaches in the country)
* Pensacola boasts a rich history including: pre-Civil War forts, archaeological sites, the title of America's first settlement, and is home to the US Navy's flight demonstration squadron - The Blue Angels.
* Cost of living below the national average
* The perfect combination of a relaxed beach town and bustling metropolitan center, Pensacola's temperate and climate offer a friendly community and an unparalleled quality of life.
* Pensacola prides itself on its diverse and emerging cultures. Annual festivals, events, and performances display the region's greatest musicians, food, artists, shows, and vendors that captivate the heart and history of the area.
About Ascension Medical Group
When you join Ascension Medical Group (AMG), you are entering a community where physician and advanced practice provider engagement and experience is recognized as a key driver of delivering excellent patient care.
With 1,900 sites of care and 7,000 providers strong, AMG is one of the largest healthcare provider networks in the United States. Physicians and advanced practice providers benefit from a collaborative approach to care, significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages.
? Licensed Physician MD/DO credentialed from the Florida Board of Medicine obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Board eligibility/certification in medical specialty required.
? Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
? Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO)
Why Join Our Team
Ascension Sacred Heart is a leading provider of high-quality healthcare to children and adults in South Alabama and Northwest Florida communities and operates Northwest Florida's only children's hospital. Our faith-based ministry offers caregivers the opportunity to flourish personally and professionally in a variety of specialties, including cardiology, brain and spine, pediatrics, women's health, orthopedics and cancer care.
Ascension is a leading non-profit, faith-based national health system made up of over 150,000 associates and 2,600 sites of care, including more than 140 hospitals and 40 senior living communities in 19 states.
Our Mission, Vision and Values encompass everything we do at Ascension. Every associate is empowered to give back, volunteer and make a positive impact in their community. Ascension careers are more than jobs; they are opportunities to enhance your life and the lives of the people around you.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
For further information, view the EEO Know Your Rights (English) poster or EEO Know Your Rights (Spanish) poster.
As a military friendly organization, Ascension promotes ca