Job Description & Requirements
GI Medical Oncologist
The Department of Internal Medicine at the University of Kentucky
seeks an Oncologist for a predominately clinical practice position. The incoming provider can also participate in phase 1 trials and early drug development in GI, GU, and solid tumors. The successful candidate will work in a multidisciplinary clinic with access to surgical and medical specialties under one roof and other hospital-based specialties, including nutrition support, social workers, pain management, and an on-site infusion center.
The ideal candidates will have three or more years of experience, a preferred focus (GI or GU), and a passion for the specialty. Opportunity Highlights
- Join a well-respected medical center, which is the only NCI-Affiliated Cancer Center in Kentucky
- Excellent support from a strong team allows for practice and schedule flexibility. Partner with a nurse, pharmacist, and an APP, as your practice grows
- Participate in phase 1 trials and early drug development in GI, GU, and solid tumors
- Work in a multidisciplinary clinic with access to surgical and medical specialties under one roof along with other hospital-based specialties, including nutrition support, social workers, pain management, and an Infusion center on site
- Excellent benefits, including a 2-for-1 match for retirement, 22 days of PTO, 12 holidays, 2 wellness days, and 5 additional holiday bonus days
- Providers can take advantage of discounted courses to pursue higher learning, and their dependent children can take advantage of a comprehensive educational discount
Live in Beautiful Lexington, KY
/ Travel Guide
Lexington, Kentucky, offers the charm and splendor of a place where history meets modern amenities. Enjoy the city's rich heritage by exploring the Kentucky Horse Park, Mary Todd Lincoln House, and Ashland, The Henry Clay Estate. The location is in the heart of Bluegrass Country, filled with numerous historical, natural, and cultural attractions to explore and enjoy. Home to a remarkable university with exciting NCAA sporting events, Lexington is perfect for families and individuals.
- Overall grade of A and one of the best places to live in Kentucky (Niche)
- Named a Best Place to Live, a Best Place to Retire, and a Best Place to Live for Quality of Life (US News)
- Affordable cost of living
- Some of the best public and private schools in the state
- A safe, walkable downtown area with plenty of day and nightlife activities
- Gorgeous scenery and an abundance of outdoor recreation, including hiking, biking, camping, golfing, and horseback riding
- Convenient access to Louisville (home of the Kentucky Derby), Cincinnati, and Nashville
Known as the "Horse Capital of the World", Lexington has a distinct Thoroughbred breeding and racing culture. The city is also home to the University of Kentucky, whose men's basketball team is often noted as one of the best in the NCAA with eight championships and one of the most winning programs in college basketball history. Here you'll also find a wide array of historical sites, including Ashland: The Henry Clay Estate, and various cultural festivals, the most popular of which are the Mayfest Arts Fair and the Festival of Bluegrass.Job BenefitsAbout the Company
At AMN Healthcare, we strive to be recognized as the most trusted, innovative, and influential force in helping healthcare organizations provide quality patient care that continually evolves to make healthcare more human, more effective, and more achievable.
Internal Medicine, Hematologist Oncologist, Ho, Hematology Oncologist, Oncology, Oncologist, Blood, Blood Illness, Blood Cells, Physician, Healthcare, Health Care, Patient Care, Hospital, Medical, Doctor, Md