Job Description & Requirements
Division Chief of Hematology, BMT, and Cellular Therapy
The Department of Academics at AMN Healthcare/Merritt Hawkins has partnered with the University of Kentucky College of Medicine and the NCI-designated Markey Cancer Center to recruit a new Division Chief. The Division Chief will oversee the patient care and clinical service, research, education, and administration of the Hematology, Blood and Marrow Transplantation, and Cellular Therapy Program.
The University of Kentucky Medical Center is a premier research institution in the Commonwealth, serving a wide geographic area and treating patients throughout Kentucky, Tennessee, West Virginia, and beyond. There is an opportunity for significant practice growth with the Markey Cancer Center, the only NCI-designated Cancer Center in Kentucky and ranked in the 2022 U.S. News and World Report
top 50 cancer hospitals.
In the Division of Hematology, including the BMT and Cellular Therapy Program, the mission is to reduce cancer deaths through innovative research, dedicated patient care, and education. We provide access to highly specialized, comprehensive, and personalized care, state-of-the-art research, and clinical trials. We have a FACT-accredited BMT program performing 100+ autologous and allogeneic transplants each year, and we have a rapidly expanding CAR T-cell immunotherapy program.Opportunity Highlights
Community Information - Live in Beautiful Lexington, Kentucky
- This is an excellent opportunity for an academic leader to place their professional stamp on a superb group of clinical faculty eager to expand their research mission.
- An exciting opportunity to engage in clinical, translational, and basic science research across the University of Kentucky and Markey Cancer Center with an emphasis on immune-based therapeutic research, as well as to conduct clinical trials both in the Precision Medicine Center as part of the early therapeutics group and in the Clinical Trials Office.
- A massive service area of 5 million-plus will support the opportunity to grow the BMT program and further expand the established CAR T-Cell immunotherapy program.
- There will be additional leadership opportunities at the prestigious Markey Cancer Center based on your specific interest areas.
- There is an endowment opportunity based on the academic qualifications of the Division Chief to protect academic time and recruit new faculty.
- There will also be opportunities to steer the education mission that includes a robust fellowship program in Hematology/Oncology, teaching and supervising medical students, residents, and fellows, and mentoring junior faculty for scholarly activity.
- There is also the opportunity to work with other training program directors to provide outreach and educational opportunities in Hematology, BMT, and Cellular Therapies to local/regional care teams.
A great place to raise a family, Lexington, Kentucky, offers excellent schools, outstanding neighborhoods within walking distance to the University, and a low cost of living. Nicknamed the Horse Capital of the World, Lexington has been very highly ranked nationally across various categories as a beautiful city to call home, including Best Places to Live in the U.S. and Best Places to Retire by U.S. News and World Report
. In addition, outdoor activities and national parks are easily accessible in proximity, providing an excellent work/life balance. Facility Location
Known as the "Horse Capital of the World", Lexington has a distinct Thoroughbred breeding and racing culture. The city is also home to the University of Kentucky, whose men's basketball team is often noted as one of the best in the NCAA with eight championships and one of the most winning programs in college basketball history. Here you'll also find a wide array of historical sites, including Ashland: The Henry Clay Estate, and various cultural festivals, the most popular of which are the Mayfest Arts Fair and the Festival of Bluegrass.Job BenefitsAbout the Company
At AMN Healthcare, we strive to be recognized as the most trusted, innovative, and influential force in helping healthcare organizations provide quality patient care that continually evolves to make healthcare more human, more effective, and more achievable.
Internal Medicine, Hematologist Oncologist, Ho, Hematology Oncologist, Oncology, Oncologist, Blood, Blood Illness, Blood Cells, Physician, Healthcare, Health Care, Patient Care, Hospital, Medical, Doctor, Md