Job Description & Requirements
Bone Marrow Transplant and Cellular Therapy Faculty
The University of Kentucky in desirable Lexington, KY, seeks a Hematology and Bone Marrow Transplant Physician to join a clinically focused practice due to growth. The incoming physician will also be on the ground floor of a new Comprehensive Cancer Center currently under construction by the university.
The successful candidate will focus on Leukemia, Multiple Myeloma, and lymphoma cancers, and there is an even one-third split among allogenous, autologous, and cellular therapy (CAR-T therapy). Leadership opportunities are expected with the growth of the cancer program and the new cancer center.Opportunity Highlights:
Community Information Live in Beautiful Lexington, Kentucky
- Academic focus includes 1:1 mentorships with residents and fellows; faculty may elect to serve as an academic or research mentor for Hematology/Medical Oncology Fellows on top of clinical teaching through rounds and clinic time
- Variety of cancer focus - Lymphoma, Multiple Myeloma, Leukemia, and Benign Hematology
- Join a team of 7 Hematology Faculty in an academic clinical practice setting
- Option for a leadership path with the growth of the cancer program and the new cancer center
- Outstanding quality of life with a combination of ambulatory clinics and inpatient consultation
- Our benefits include a 2-for-1 match for retirement, 22 days of PTO, 10 holidays, 2 wellness days, and comprehensive educational discounts for dependents
Lexington, Kentucky, offers the charm and splendor of a place where history meets modern amenities. Enjoy the city's rich heritage by exploring the Kentucky Horse Park, Keeneland Racetrack, Mary Todd Lincoln House, and Ashland, The Henry Clay Estate. The location is in the heart of Bluegrass Country, filled with numerous historical, natural, and cultural attractions to explore and enjoy. Home to a remarkable university with exciting NCAA sporting events, Lexington is perfect for families and individuals.
- Overall grade of A and one of the best places to live in Kentucky (Niche)
- Named a Best Place to Live, a Best Place to Retire, and a Best Place to Live for Quality of Life (US News)
- Affordable cost of living and some of the best public and private schools in the nation
- A safe, walkable downtown area with plenty of day and nightlife activities
- Gorgeous scenery and an abundance of outdoor recreation, including hiking, biking, camping, golfing, and horseback riding
- Convenient access to Louisville (home of the Kentucky Derby), Cincinnati, and Nashville
Known as the "Horse Capital of the World", Lexington has a distinct Thoroughbred breeding and racing culture. The city is also home to the University of Kentucky, whose men's basketball team is often noted as one of the best in the NCAA with eight championships and one of the most winning programs in college basketball history. Here you'll also find a wide array of historical sites, including Ashland: The Henry Clay Estate, and various cultural festivals, the most popular of which are the Mayfest Arts Fair and the Festival of Bluegrass.Job BenefitsAbout the Company
At AMN Healthcare, we strive to be recognized as the most trusted, innovative, and influential force in helping healthcare organizations provide quality patient care that continually evolves to make healthcare more human, more effective, and more achievable.
Internal Medicine, Hematologist Oncologist, Bmt, Bone Marrow Tranplantation, Ho, Hematology Oncologist, Oncology, Oncologist, Blood, Blood Illness, Blood Cells, Physician, Healthcare, Health Care, Patient Care, Hospital, Medical, Doctor, Md