Job Description & Requirements
The Department of Surgery at the well-established, highly reputable Marshall University seeks a Pediatric General Surgeon to lead the Pediatric Surgery service line at a local high-performing hospital. The incoming pediatric surgeon will support the existing general surgery team and pediatric specialists at the Marshall University Joan C. Edwards School of Medicine. Candidates must be board-certified or board-eligible in pediatric surgery. Five or more years of experience and pediatric urological knowledge are preferred, but new grads are encouraged to apply.
- Opportunity HighlightsPredominantly clinical opportunity
- Marshall University extends its tuition assistance program to dependent children
- Ability to participate in the Marshall Health Capital Accumulation Plan
- State-of-the-art equipment includes 3 da Vinci robots
- 75% AAMC for salary
- Marshall University is ranked a Best College by US News
- Opportunity to work with medical students and residents
- Faculty appointment at the Marshall School of Medicine
- Tri-state area location gives you various options for communities, schools, etc.
- Comprehensive benefits include tuition benefits, retirement plans (401K match), 24 days PTO, 18 days sick leave, 13 paid holidays
Our practice location is a lively college town on the banks of the Ohio River in Huntington, West Virginia, part of a tri-state area with Ohio and Kentucky. Huntington is a vibrant, energetic city, and the location allows for community, recreation, and school choices in other nearby areas.
- Affordable cost of living is nearly 25% below the national average
- Enjoy Appalachian craftsmanship, Southern Hospitality, and excellent real estate options with median home values 50% lower than the US average (Livability)
- Escape big city hassles and enjoy relaxed living
- Home to one of the largest river ports in the US
- Excellent local restaurants and shopping
- Award-winning parks, lakes, historic landmarks, and trails
- Plenty of outdoor recreation, including fishing, kayaking, hiking, and golfing
- Find your perfect community in the tri-state area
#LI-JM1Job BenefitsAbout the Company
At AMN Healthcare, we strive to be recognized as the most trusted, innovative, and influential force in helping healthcare organizations provide quality patient care that continually evolves to make healthcare more human, more effective, and more achievable.
Pediatric Surgeon, Surgery Pediatric, Pediatric Surgery, General Pediatric Surgery, General Pediatric Surgeon, Pediatric General Surgery, Pediatric General Surgeon, surgery