Join a Growing Clinical Academic Program in the SW Destination Community of Tucson!
The Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology at the University of Arizona, seeks a full-time clinician interested in General GI patient care and medical student/resident teaching. The successful candidate will join an expanding division of Pediatric Gastroenterology and will support the clinical and educational missions of the College of Medicine-Tucson and the Department of Pediatrics. The physician hired will have a faculty appointment at the University of Arizona consistent with the candidate's credentials.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform inpatient and outpatient clinical care for pediatric gastroenterology patients at multiple clinics in the Tucson and surrounding area
- OP Clinic: 7 half day sessions | Average of 8 patients/half day
- Procedures: 1 half day block
- IP Consults: as needed, before or after clinic hours
- Protected Administrative Time: 1 day
- Call: unrestricted night call shared 1:4 weekly with colleagues
- Teach and mentor medical students and residents.
- M.D. or D.O. degree
- Arizona medical license obtained by start date
- BC in Pediatrics
- BE or BC Pediatrics Gastroenterology
Banner Health and University of Arizona Health Network have come together to form Banner - University Medicine, a health system anchored in Phoenix and Tucson that makes the highest level of care accessible to Arizona residents. At the heart of this merger is academic medicine - research, teaching and patient care. Banner-University Medicine values team building, quality of care and excellence. We also value an individual with a commitment to clinical research. Education of our residents in the department of Obstetrics and Gynecology will also be a part of our expectations.
Tucson is a city of 750K+ with a multicultural population that reflects the richness of the Southwest. The city shares common borders with the Tohono O'odham and Pascua Yaqui Nations and is surrounded by majestic desert and rugged mountains rising to more than 9,000 feet. With more than three hundred days of sunshine/year find time to enjoy the outdoors via hiking, boating, camping, cycling & more.
- Affordable cost of living & housing
- Access to highly ranked private & public schools
- All major air carriers serve Tucson International Airport.
- Tucson hosts theater, opera, symphony and ballet companies, the internationally famous gem show, rodeos, and many street/ethnic festivals.
- UA Presents offers off-Broadway productions
- Top 10 Intercollegiate athletics (University of Arizona)
Banner University Medical Center offers excellent compensation plus incentives, fully paid occurrence based malpractice, paid CME plus allowance and outstanding benefits that provide security for you and your family.
SUBMIT YOUR CV FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Banner University Medical Group (BUMG) recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. BUMG is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employer.
Facility & Location InformationBanner - University Medical Group
Tucson, AZ 85724 Physician - Academics-Pediatrics - Gastroenterology