Are you innovative, creative, collaborative and forward thinking? Then come join us!
Dignity Health-St. Rose Dominican Hospitals of Las Vegas has an exciting opportunity for a Family Medicine Core faculty position to help build a brand new community based Family Medicine Residency program. We are committed to educating and mentoring residents to care for the community while living the CommonSpirit mission.
You will have the opportunity to help build an 8/8/8 family medicine residency from the ground up. The accreditation application has been submitted and now the real work starts! The position will include administrative, teaching, resident/medical student supervision and patient care responsibilities. The ideal candidate will have experience in ambulatory and inpatient family medicine.
The core faculty are responsible for assisting the Program Director with the development, maintenance and ongoing supervision of the Dignity Health St. Rose Dominican Family Medicine Residency program in accordance with ACGME guidelines.
- Teaching, mentoring, advising and supervising residents and medical students
- Serves on the Clinical Competency Committee
- Serves on the Program Evaluation Committee
- Develops and presents lectures for didactics
- Acts as rotation champion for different rotations helping with faculty development with rotation faculty
- Participates in evaluation of all learners
- Completes quality/practice improvement projects annually (with residents)
- Completes scholarly activity annually
- Develops and presents faculty development lectures
- Other duties as necessary to meet ACGME requirements
- Proximity to award-winning Hospitals/Specialists where patients have access to the very latest in medical services and care
- Competitive salary with income guarantee and bonus potential
- Sign-on bonus
- Full benefits: Paid vacation/sick, medical/dental/vision coverage, retirement plans including a pension, malpractice coverage and CME allowances
*St. Rose Dominican Hospitals are not-for-profit health systems. Employment with us may help you qualify for certain student loan forgiveness programs.
- Graduation from an accredited osteopathic or allopathic medical school
- Board certification in Family Medicine
- Licensed or able to get licensed in Nevada
- Ability and desire to practice Inpatient and Outpatient family medicine
- Must have a love for teaching!
Greater Las Vegas Area:
- World-class entertainment, dining, and recreational amenities
- Henderson ranked 2nd Safest Large City in the US
- Home to major sports teams, major arenas, a motor speedway and around 60 golf courses
- Driving distance getaways to California, Utah and Arizona
- 300+ sunny days annually
- >500 daily flights to/from 150+ domestic & International cities
- No state income tax!
Las Vegas is so much more than just the Strip! Our beautiful valley is surrounded by mountainous desert scenery, and our sunny year-round climate sets the stage for hiking, biking, championship golf, and sight-seeing all just minutes from world-class restaurants and limitless entertainment options. Among the fastest growing cities in the nation, the Las Vegas metro area offers world-class schools, unparalleled cultural/recreational amenities and cutting edge health care.
Las Vegas and its surrounding suburbs offer a multitude of home choices, ranging from affluent family-friendly neighborhoods and high-rise condos overlooking the Strip to guard-gated custom-built homes and upscale apartments with a wealth of amenities. Less than 45 minutes from your home, you will find a world of natural beauty with Red Rock Canyon, Mt. Charleston, and Lake Mead. Weekend getaways to the Grand Canyon, Death Valley National Park, Brianhead Ski Resort, Palm Springs, and Zion National Park are easy to reach with a few hours drive. McCarran Airport makes flights to the Pacific Northwest, ski destinations, Pacific Coast beaches and wine country convenient and affordable. Come join us in the middle of everything there is no better place to live!
Interested? If so, let s chat!
Salary Range: $246,755 - $296,789
The posted compensation range is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.