About St. Lawrence Health
St. Lawrence Health (SLH) was established in December 2013 with the mission to improve health and to expand access through coordination and integration of services.
SLH became an affiliate of Rochester Regional Health (RRH) in January 2021. RRH is an internationally recognized integrated health services organization, and its industry distinctions include year-after-year Healthgrades awards, America s 50 Best Hospitals , multiple Magnet Awards for nursing excellence, and the greatest number of Beacon Awards for Excellence of any hospital system in the nation.
Working together with our community partners, including local health departments and agencies, we are focused on disease prevention, promoting access to quality healthcare services, and improving the overall quality of life for our communities.
SLH is comprised of three hospitals and a number of outreach primary and specialty care practices throughout St. Lawrence County. Each practice is affiliated with one of our hospitals.
- Canton-Potsdam Hospital (CPH) is a not-for-profit community healthcare facility certified for 94 beds. Its core programs include emergency medicine, acute care, hospitalist medicine, critical care, and a Level III Trauma Center that is fully equipped to provide rapid and thorough trauma care to adults involved in physically traumatic situations.
- Gouverneur Hospital (GH) is a not-for-profit critical access hospital certified for 25 beds. Services include emergency care, medical imaging and EKGs, laboratory, physical rehabilitation, and respiratory therapy. GH also houses our comprehensive substance abuse rehabilitation programs, including medicated assisted treatment, and behavioral therapies.
- Massena Hospital (MH) is a 25-bed acute care hospital providing inpatient, medical, surgical, and detoxification services in addition to emergency care. MH s main campus also provides medical imaging and laboratory services, nutritional counseling, respiratory care, cardiac rehabilitation, and inpatient physical and speech therapies. Outreach health centers offer the community cardiology, infusion, nephrology, neurology, OB-GYN and women s health, pediatrics, and primary care.
As the oldest medical specialty in the United States, Otolaryngologists (ear, nose, and throat doctors) are trained in the medical and surgical management of patients with disorders and diseases of the ear, nose, throat, and structures of the head and neck.
Our ear, nose, and throat providers treat a wide range of otolaryngologic conditions, including: acid reflux, cancerous and noncancerous tumors in the head and neck, chronic nosebleeds, earache, hearing loss, loss of smell and/or taste, nasal allergies, overactive thyroid, pediatric ear, nose, and throat conditions, rhinitis, sinus infections and allergies, sleep apnea, tonsillitis, and vertigo.
You are the future of patient-focused medicine. With our new models of care, procedures, treatments and technologies, we empower advancement within you. At St. Lawrence Health, an affiliate of Rochester Regional Health, our culture of ongoing improvement will enable you to deliver superior patient care and outcomes throughout northern New York.
St. Lawrence Health is looking for full-time Otolaryngologists (ENTs) to join the team.
- The ideal candidate will be BE within 5 years of completing residency or BC in Otolaryngology.
- The Physician will provide treatment and examination of patients during routine office hours and perform otolaryngology surgeries on patients as needed at the hospital.
- The Physician will conduct in patient rounds at the hospital and will need to be available on a reasonable basis after hours to take call for urgent and emergent matters from the Hospital s Emergency Department.
- Typical call schedule is 10 days per month, including one weekend per month.
Compensation: Competitive compensation based on MGMA benchmarking
Signing Bonus: $25,000
Licensing & Dues: $2,000
CME s: $4,000
Benefit Time: 240 hours
Holiday Time: 7 days
Medical and Pharmacy Coverage: St. Lawrence Health offers the choice of two medical plans through Excellus, both including coverage for prescription drugs. Other benefits include.
Savings Accounts: St. Lawrence Health offers several accounts that enable you to pay for eligible expenses tax-free.
Other Benefits: Other benefits include Life Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Voluntary Disability Insurance, NexGen Employee Assistance Program.
**Additional information can be provided upon request.