Vascular Surgeon | Lynchburg, VA
Our Vision and Where You Fit In
We are on a journey to be the BEST place to receive care and the BEST place to give care in the state of Virginia. This is what drives and motivates us, and if that vision resonates with you, then we want you to apply to be our partner. In just two years we have gone from a hospital leapfrog grade D to B and are less that one percentage point away from an A. This degree of rapid positive change is unheard of.
Being in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, and less than 20 minutes from the Appalachian trail you will constantly be surrounded by beauty and endless opportunities for outdoor adventures.
Service Line/Position Highlights:
- Board Certified
- Completion of medical degree and residency/fellowship training in Vascular Surgery
- MD/DO with certification by an American Board of Medical Specialties ABMS board in physicians primary specialty.
You Can Expect:
- Part of a large multispecialty cardiology & vascular clinic with integrated wound care, bariatrics, and endocrinology (94 providers total)
- Vascular surgery team: 2 full-time physicians; 2 part-time physicians; 4 advanced practice providers
- Siemens hybrid lab with Zeego system, standard OR with new GE portable fluoroscopy with high resolution vascular package
- Tentative plans for OBL/ASC (office-based lab/ambulatory surgery center) in outpatient facility
- 40/60 ratio endovascular to open
- Physician assistant support with endoscopic vein harvesting skills, cath lab skills, and patient care skills
- Independent referral base in addition to in-clinic referrals
- 20-year legacy of board-certified vascular surgeons providing services
- $550k-$750k compensation range
- $20k in upfront bonuses
- Up to $100k in student loan repayment
- Up to $10k in relocation assistance
- Up to $7,500 CME Allowance
- Matching 403(b) (100% match up to 3%)
- Health, dental, and vision insurance, as well as supplemental options
- Malpractice insurance covered
- 224 hours of allowable time off
Physician Compensation & Benefits
- Compensation Package will include:
- 403(b) and 457(b) tax deferred savings plan; Immediate vested employer contribution match
- Health benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, and Supplemental)
- Production premiums
- Sign-on bonus
- CME - $7,500 with 5 days for CME in addition to
- Allowable Time off 224 hours or 5.5 weeks
- Up to 100k in student loan repayment
- Up to $10,000 in relocation assistance
- Opportunities for leadership and advancement
- As a nonprofit organization, Centra employees may qualify for the federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness program
- New grad or experienced
About Centra Medical Group
Centra Medical Group (CMG) is comprised of 500+ Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers and serves over 250,000 central and southern Virginians. CMG offers an integrated healthcare system, including 4 hospitals, 5 regional medical centers, 70+ physician practices, including primary care, medical, and surgical specialists. At Centra Medical Group you will find the kind of leadership (physician-led) and partnerships necessary to thrive in today s healthcare marketplace.
The Heart and Vascular Institute is part of Centra, a nationally recognized Virginia healthcare system encompassing four hospitals, regional medical centers, and more than 60 primary care/specialty practices. Centra fosters a vibrant, collaborative team environment with a strong priority on physician satisfaction all reflected in our high employee retention rate and long staff tenure.
Located in the heart of Virginia, Lynchburg is a thriving city known for its history, outdoor beauty, and quality of life. It is big enough to offer amenities such as convenient air and Amtrack service, yet small enough to be free of traffic congestion and urban crime rates. Lynchburg is conveniently located along the Blue Ridge Mountains in Central Virginia, just three hours from Washington, D.C. and coastal beaches, and only minutes from lakefront communities, mountaintop trails, and ski slopes. There are two lakes within 40 miles of the area (Smith Mountain and Leesville) where lake lovers can enjoy boating, prime time fishing, and scenic views. The multitude of trails surrounding the Peaks of Otter located off the Blue Ridge Parkway are perfect for those who enjoy camping and hiking. The Lynchburg area provides a broad range of housing options, acclaimed schools, a vibrant arts community, and temperate weather. Our community is surrounded by four universities and colleges providing diversity in the community and opportunity for undergraduate and graduate education.
Check out some of our top attractions in the area and visit next time you are here!
Peaks of Otter
Smith Mountain Lake
James River Adventures
Academy of the Arts
EOE statement Centra : Our caregivers at Centra are the most valuable asset we have, and it is our mission and commitment to build and sustain a diverse and inclusive environment.
When recruiting and retaining talent at Centra, our hiring needs are based on matching a candidates job qualifications with our job requirements and department needs without regard to race, color, age, religion or belief, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Centra is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.
Be yourself. Be a partner with Centra