SSM Health Dean Medical Group is a 500-physician multi-specialty group. We invite you to become part of the Trauma, Acute Care Surgery and Surgical Critical Care program at SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Madison, Wisconsin, an ACS Level II Trauma Center.Requirements
- Fellowship in Trauma/Surgical Critical Care preferred (not required); will consider General Surgery residency trained applicants with strong experience in Trauma and Acute Care surgery (ACS)
- Board certification in Surgical Critical Care and General Surgery (for Trauma/ACS/ICU) or board certification in General Surgery (for Trauma/ACS)
- ATLS/ACLS Certified
- Become part of an integral team of Trauma Surgeons and Advanced Practice providers (APPs)
- Anticipate 14-15 shifts per month between covering ACS, Trauma, Night coverage and ICU rotations (if fellowship trained)
- No 24-hour shifts; 24/7 APP coverage
- Busy and robust large volume Acute Care Surgery service
- Brand new additional ICU currently used for Trauma and Acute Care Surgery
- Two daVinci Xi robots
- Great orthopedic/neurosurgeon/elective general surgery specialists to collaborate with
- SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital is an ACS Level II Trauma Center
- SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital, a 440-bed tertiary care and referral center, is an award-winning facility and has been serving South Central Wisconsin since 1912.
- SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital is the referral hospital for the 7 hospital SSM Wisconsin Region. Our Wisconsin Region also counts 4 additional affiliate hospitals in our network.
- St. Mary's and Dean Medical Group are part of SSM Health, an integrated health system that has facilities in Wisconsin, Illinois, Missouri, and Oklahoma.
Madison, population 252,000, consistently ranks as one of the top places in the country to live, work, go to school, play, and raise a family. In fact, Madison was named as the most livable mid-size city in the United States by Livability in 2022 https://livability.com/best-places/2022-top-100-best-places-to-live-in-the-us/top-100-2022-madison-wi/
SSM Health is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Physician - State of Work Location