The Department of Neurology at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine and UPMC
is seeking a Division Chief of Women s Neurology
to join and help lead our world class health system at UPMC, including at Magee Women s Hospital. Candidates for this position should have an academic record commensurate with appointment as Associate Professor or Professor at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine. The Division of Women s includes a group of clinicians devoted to the care of women with neurologic illness in the setting of childbearing years, menopause, and gynecologic and breast cancer. The position is based at Magee Women s Hospital, a tertiary care facility with over 11,000 deliveries annually. Facilities include an obstetrical ICU, medical ICU, Emergency Department, and epilepsy monitored beds. The scope of the division includes the intersection of clinical care and research across multiple subspecialties including Epilepsy, Headache, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuro-Oncology and Stroke. The division is supported by advanced practice providers (APPs), devoted administrative support and experienced EEG technicians. The UPMC Neurology residency is highly selective and large, with 9 adult neurology and 4 pediatric incoming neurology residents per year. UPMC created the first Women s Neurology Fellowship program in the U.S. and is the first neurology program to provide a rotation in Women s Neurology for its neurology residents, medical students, OB anesthesiologists and trainees from other programs. This leadership position has a history of global education, mentoring and research.
Additional faculty positions in the Division of Women s Neurology as Assistant or Associate Professor with career growth opportunities are also being offered.What we offer
About The Department of Neurology at the University of Pittsburgh
- Relocation fee assistance
- Sign-on Bonus
- Competitive rank and base salary commensurate with experience and an outstanding benefit package
- Four weeks of vacation with pay per year
- Two-four additional paid weeks for CME activities per year (4 weeks)
- University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine faculty appointment commensurate with experience
About the Community
- The University of Pittsburgh was ranked number 3 in medical research funding in 2022 and has been among the top 10 recipients of NIH research funding since 1998.
- The Department of Neurology is recipient of the highly selective NIH-funded R25 award for a Research Education Program for Residents and Fellows in Neurological Disorders and Stroke (and includes Neurosurgery and Neuropathology).
- Key areas of excellence in the Department of Neurology include the UPMC Stroke Institute; the Division of Women s Neurology; the UPMC Headache Center; the Alzheimer s Disease Research Center (ADRC); the Pittsburgh Institute for Neurodegenerative Diseases (PIND); the American Parkinson Disease Association Advanced Center for Parkinson s Research; the Pittsburgh Institute for Multiple Sclerosis Care and Research; and the UPMC Comprehensive Epilepsy Center of Excellence.
- The Department of Neurology provides unparalleled educational experiences for medical students and residents, and has clinical fellowships in Epilepsy, Headache, Neuro-Oncology, Neuro-Critical Care, Women s Neurology, Multiple Sclerosis, Stroke, Neuro-endovascular, Clinical Neurophysiology, and Movement Disorders.
- UPMC is a $23 billion world-renowned health care provider and insurer
- 92,000 employees, including 4,900 physicians
- Over 40 academic, community and specialty hospitals
- Over 800 doctors offices and outpatient sites
- UPMC is inventing new models of accountable, cost-effective, patient-centered care
- Internationally recognized culinary scene, and renowned centers of higher learning in the University of Pittsburgh and Carnegie-Mellon University
- Mid-size city with all the amenities of a large city and a friendly, community vibe
- Known as the City of Bridges, with 446 bridges, it has more than any city in the country
- Hit the Great Allegheny Passage, a 334-mile, car-free trail for hikers, runners and cyclists
- Famous sports culture
- Abundant with parks, museums, music, universities and much more!