We are seeking a skilled and specialized Orthopedic Surgeon with expertise in Hip and Knee Arthroplasty to join our esteemed medical team. In this role, you will play a pivotal part in transforming the lives of patients through advanced surgical interventions and comprehensive orthopedic care.
Live and work in a fantastic community within 45 minutes of the Northeast s two best ski areas- Stowe and Sugarbush. Mountain and gravel riding, hiking, fishing, trail-running, outstanding restaurants, and small local shops are just a glimpse of what this area has to offer.
- Perform thorough patient assessments, diagnostic evaluations, and create tailored treatment plans for hip and knee conditions.
- Conduct successful hip and knee arthroplasty surgeries, utilizing the latest techniques and technologies to optimize patient outcomes.
- Collaborate with tightly-knit interdisciplinary teams, including primary care, hospitalists, anesthesiologists, nurses, and physical therapists, to ensure comprehensive patient care.
- Demonstrate clear and compassionate communication when explaining diagnoses, treatment plans, and potential risks to patients and their families.
- Maintain meticulous and up-to-date medical records and surgical documentation.
- Maintain a flexible schedule, accommodating patient needs and the surgical calendar.
- Partnering/Collaborating across the partner hospitals
- Community-trauma level call coverage shared with Sports, Hand, and Trauma partners
- Will be allocated 2 full day surgical blocks.
- State of the art equipment and administrative team receptive to purchase of additional technology/equipment to support your specialized practice
- 2 days for patient clinic appointments, diagnosing and managing orthopedic concerns, discussing surgical options, and providing pre- and post-operative care.
- Established need within the community-filling position for recently retired full-time surgeon.
- Highly experienced advanced practice providers who support your practice by seeing independent panels and 1:1 model for OR and clinic days
- MD or DO degree with specialization in Orthopedic Surgery.
- Board certification or eligibility in Orthopedic Surgery.
- Fellowship training is strongly preferred.
- Able to obtain valid and unrestricted medical license in Vermont.
- Proven experience and proficiency in hip and knee arthroplasty surgeries.
- Outstanding surgical skills and a commitment to patient safety.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate with diverse medical teams.
- Flexible and adaptable approach to a dynamic clinical setting.
- Familiarity with electronic medical record systems (EPIC platform)
If you are a dedicated Orthopedic Surgeon with a passion for enhancing patients' quality of life through advanced surgical interventions in hip and knee arthroplasty, we encourage you to apply. Join our team and contribute to our commitment to excellence in orthopedic care, surgical innovation, and compassionate patient interaction.
*If you are currently employed by UVMHN, please disregard this email.