Leading Heart Program in Charleston is seeking a Cardiothoracic Surgeon to join its award-winning Cardiovascular team.Qualified Candidates:
- Board Certified and/or Eligible candidates with experience in routine heart surgery procedures, thoracic procedures, valve (including TAVR and mitral)
- Expected call schedule of 1:2-3
- Current volume of over 200 hearts per year, with 2022 YTD case growth vs. 2021 outpacing population growth.
- Eligible candidates: please submit current case mix, volume, STS data with application
About Trident Health System:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, 401k with match, PTO, and more
- CME allowance
- Malpractice coverage
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
About the Opportunity:
- Trident Health System is a 437-bed two hospital tertiary-care system comprised of Trident Medical Center and Summerville Medical Center. Trident s cardiology team also receives patients from sister facility in the HCA Charleston market, Colleton Medical Center, in Walterboro, SC.
- The CV program earned two consecutive year 3-star STS ratings in 2020 and 2021.
- Trident Medical Center is a 321-bed major medical center with a Level II Trauma Center and 24/7 intensive care coverage.
- Designated a Thrombectomy Capable Stroke Center, seeking Comprehensive Stroke Designation
- Award-winning Heart Center; the South Carolina Institute for Robotic Surgery; the Trident Breast Care Center; and the Joseph M. Still Burn Clinic
- Critical Care Services and 24/7 hospitalist and intensivist programs
- Proudly serving patients and families in Berkeley, Charleston and Dorchester Counties for more than 40 years
- Current practice works with multiple Cardiology groups with strong mix of Interventionalists, medical cardiologists and some of the leading EP and CHF specialists in the region.
- 2022 annualized caseload: 200+ CABG s, 60+ surgical valves, 50 TAVR s
- CV Surgery infrastructure includes:
- 2 CVOR s with dedicated CV Anesthesia
- 3 PA s covering inpatient, office and surgical work
An extraordinary coastal city, rich in history and traditions. Charleston, South Carolina has earned national and international recognition of distinction in economic development, access to global markets, tourism, medical care and entrepreneurial opportunity. Access to coastal waters and beaches is an added perk to this gorgeous city!