Neurologist| Lynchburg, VA
- Centra is actively seeking a full-time neurologist to join our Neurology team in Lynchburg, VA.
- Open to neurologists that specialize movement disorders, vascular, or general neurology.
Physician Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive compensation based on regular hours plus overtime hours worked
- Upfront bonuses
- Up to $100k in student loan repayment
- Up to $10,000 in relocation assistance
- Up to $7,500 CME allowance
- 224 hours of allowable time off
- 403(b) and 457(b) tax deferred savings plan; Immediate vested employer contribution match
- Health, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance options
- Malpractice coverage
- Completion of medical degree and residency training in Neurology.
- Will consider fellowship training in any subspecialty.
- MD/DO with certification by an American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) board in physician's primary specialty. Must be board certified or in the process of certifying.
About Centra Medical Group and Community
Centra Medical Group (CMG) is comprised of 500+ Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers and serves 600,000 central and southern Virginians. CMG offers an integrated healthcare system, including 4 hospitals, 5 regional medical centers, 70+ physician practices, including primary care, medical, and surgical specialists. At Centra Medical Group you ll find the kind of leadership (physician-led), forward-thinking, and partnerships necessary to thrive in today s healthcare marketplace.
The CMG Neurosciences division has grown significantly in the past several years to include specialized Epilepsy services complete with epilepsy monitoring unit, neurodiagnostics and research, stroke and neurovascular services and development of a comprehensive headache center, as well as treating concussions. CMG Neurosciences has also developed a movement disorders program along with a dedicated MS Clinic to address the specific needs of these patients. This will include the development of a robust DBS program including surgical options and medical management of DBS devices. The department has 3 full time neurosurgeons trained in spine, complex spine, and vascular neurosurgery. Within the neurovascular services, the team offers a full range of clinical capability from endovascular procedures to open cerebrovascular procedures addressing AVMs, aneurysms, and tumors. Finally, the department has begun to dedicate resources to the development of research within the Neurosciences department; these efforts will continue to expand with the addition of the MS clinic and the Movement Disorders program as well as with the expansion and interest of the providers who join the team.
Located in the heart of Virginia, Lynchburg is convenient for quick trips to Washington D.C., Virginia s coastline and the North East s ski slopes. With our lakefront communities, mountaintop trails, and camping, Lynchburg is also perfect for the outdoor enthusiast! Lynchburg, is a 200-year-old city with a 150,000-person metro area. It s big enough to offer amenities such as convenient air and rail service, yet small enough to be free of gridlock and urban crime rates. (In fact, it s been named one of the Top 10 Safest Mid-Sized Cities by Sperling s Best Places.)
The region is home to 6 colleges & universities, an acclaimed public school system, and a variety of private K-12 schools (including the largest private school in the state).
EOE statement Centra: Our care givers at Centra are the most valuable asset we have and it is our mission and commitment to build and sustain a diverse and inclusive environment.
When recruiting and retaining talent at Centra, our hiring needs are based on matching a candidates job qualifications with our job requirements and department needs without regard to race, color, age, religion or belief, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Centra is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.
Be yourself. Be a partner with Centra.