The Division of Onco Medicine at Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center (BMDACC) is actively recruiting Interventional Pulmonologist to join our growing team across Banner MD Anderson locations in the Phoenix Metropolitan Area. This is an exciting and exceptional opportunity to be part of a comprehensive, multidisciplinary Interventional Pulmonology program with a focus on oncologic patients. The current Interventional Pulmonology team consists of 2 physicians and 2 Advanced Practice Providers. They avail of state-of-the-art equipment to provide evidence-based care for the patients in the valley.
We seek applicants who possess excellent communication skills and welcome a team-based, collaborative environment. Additional qualifications include:
- BC/BE Interventional Pulmonology
- Oncology experience/training preferred
- Excellent clinical training and an interest in clinical research
- Finishing Fellows and experienced physicians are encouraged to apply
The Division of OncoMedicine includes clinicians from all the non-oncologic internal medicine disciplines. Interventional Pulmonology physicians will be responsible for the management of medical issues of patients with lung, esophageal, pleural, head and neck, mediastinal and chest wall tumors; trained in preoperative assessment and bronchoscopic management of thoracic tumors. The physician will work closely with the oncology team utilizing a multidisciplinary care model. Designed with The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center experts; the center has an evidence-based design, state-of-the-art technology, and advanced treatment capabilities. This is an exciting opportunity to practice in a cutting edge, clinical multidisciplinary environment. Opportunity for research. Rotating pulmonary and critical care fellows select this as an elective rotation to enhance their training and skills.
Banner Health, a Top 10 Health System for clinical performance according to Thomson Reuters, has teamed up with the MD Anderson Cancer Center, repeatedly ranked number one by U.S. News and World Report in cancer care, to open the Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center. This center is the broadest extension of MD Anderson's services outside of Houston and brings an unprecedented level of cancer care to the greater Phoenix area and entire southwest region. Practicing with the BMDACC Division of Onco-Medicine, you will find:
- A collaborative team that, across multiple locations, provides outstanding research-driven, multidisciplinary care for patients with all types of malignancies, throughout Arizona and in Northern Colorado.
- A main campus that offers state-of-the-art technologies for disease-oriented, multidisciplinary cancer care and opportunities for participation in clinical research, designed with experts from The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.
- Opportunity for an adjunct faculty position at University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
- The prestige of working with a partnership of industry leaders: #1 in cancer care-MD Anderson Cancer Center, and nationally recognized Banner Health that is also the largest integrated healthcare system and the largest employer in Arizona.
WE OFFER YOU a generous compensation including a competitive base salary plus incentives (wRVU) + paid occurrence-based malpractice + paid CME plus allowance + 401k matching and 457(b) deferred compensation plans + excellent benefit package options that provide security for you and your family. Additionally, our suburban locations provide you with convenient access to world-class entertainment, year ‘round outdoor activities, amazing desert beauty, and an excellent quality of life.
SUBMIT YOUR CV FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION
Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability or veteran status except where such distinction is required by law. All positions at Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center are security sensitive and subject to examination of criminal history record information. Smoke-free and drug-free environment. Possible J1 waiver available for a 2023 start.
Facility & Location InformationBanner MD Anderson Cancer Center
Phoenix Metro, Gilbert, AZ 85234 Physician-Pulmonary Disease - Critical Care