The Southern Arizona VA Health Care System (SAVAHCS) professional staff is seeking a Neurosurgeon to provide quality service in our progressive, innovative health care system for our Veteran hospital population.
Scope of Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provides a full range of services including assessment and using the most appropriate techniques in providing quality care in neurosurgery.
- Provides a full range of therapeutic interventions and has clinical privileges to practice including diagnostic assessment, medication evaluation and management.
- Orders diagnostic tests and discriminates between normal and abnormal findings and makes appropriate treatment decisions.
- Provides leadership guidance and consultation to staff.
- Serves as a consultant to other medical center staff and trainees and assists in implementation of treatment plan as appropriate regarding their patients.
- Plans and oversees the completion of personal research programs, designed to provide information regarding program planning and relevant treatment approaches.
- Participate in various facility programs designed to enhance and improve the delivery of patient care services, to include, but not limited to Process Action Teams, Root Cause Analysis, collaboration with other sections, services, and Peer Review.
- Provide guidance and clinical supervision for the nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and health technicians assigned to the Surgical Service when appropriate.
- Teaching/mentoring residents assigned to the Surgical Service.
Work Schedule: Full-time, Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm.
Compensation and Benefits:
Pay: Competitive salary, annual performance bonus, and regular salary increases.
Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP): A student loan payment reimbursement program up to $200,000.
Recruitment Incentive (Sign-on Bonus): Authorized for highly qualified candidates.
Paid-Time Off: 50-55 days of annual paid-time offer per year (26 days of annual leave, 13 days of sick leave, 11 paid Federal holidays per year and possible 5 day paid absence for CME).
Retirement: Traditional federal pension (5 years vesting) and federal 401k with up to 5% in contributions by VA.
Insurance: Federal health/vision/dental/term life/long-term care (many federal insurance programs can be carried into retirement).
CME: Possible $1,000 per year reimbursement.
Malpractice: Free liability protection with tail coverage provided.
Contract: No Physician Employment Contract and no significant restriction on moonlighting.
Degree of Doctor of Medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine.
Licensure: 1 full and unrestricted license from any U.S. State or territory. Must maintain current, full, active, and unrestricted license.
U.S. Citizenship required: non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
If you're interested in this opportunity, please e-mail your CV to Timothy A. Bernau at email@example.com or call 623-920-1304!