Medical Director Psychiatric Emergency Services | Lynchburg, VA
Our Vision and Where You Fit In:
We are on a journey to be the BEST place to receive care and the BEST place to give care in the state of Virginia. This is what drives and motivates us, and if that vision resonates with you, then we want you to apply to be our partner. In just two years we have gone from a hospital leapfrog grade D to B and are less that one percentage point away from an A. This degree of rapid positive change is unheard of.
Being in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, and less than 20 minutes from the Appalachian trail you will constantly be surrounded by beauty and endless opportunities for outdoor adventures.
You Can Expect:
- 70% clinical 30% administrative
- Team including 3 consult liaison NPs and mental health professionals
- The Emergency department leads IDT collaboration and BERT team
- Call is 1:10 and shared of the Behavioral Health service line
- Weekly rounding only; Nocturnist in place for inpatient unit and overnight admissions. 7 days per week.
- Some coverage will be required at our neighboring hospital Virginia Baptist Hospital (VBH)
- Vacation: 224 hours of allowable time off
- Cerner EMR
Physician Compensation & Benefits
- Total cash compensation range $350k - $405k (varies depending on specific individuals)
- Additional Benefits Package will include:
- 403(b) and 457(b) tax deferred savings plan; Immediate vested employer contribution match
- Health benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, and Supplemental)
- Sign-on bonus
- CME - $7,500 with 5 days for CME in addition to
- Back up weekend coverage compensation
- Annual LUCOM (Liberty University College of Osteopathic Medicine) stipend
- Allowable Time off 224 hours
- Up to $10,000 in relocation assistance
- Up to $100,000 in student loan reimbursement
- Strong support from executive leadership including physician leadership training programs and opportunities to lead the organization to become a zero harm institution
- As a nonprofit organization, Centra employees may qualify for the federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness program
- MD/DO with certification by an American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) board in physician's primary specialty. Must be board certified or in the process of certifying.
- New grad or experienced
- Consult liaison experience preferred
About Centra Medical Group
Centra Medical Group (CMG) is comprised of 500+ Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers and serves 600,000 central and southern Virginians. CMG offers an integrated healthcare system, including 4 hospitals, 5 regional medical centers, 70+ physician practices, including primary care, medical, and surgical specialists. At Centra Medical Group you ll find the kind of leadership (physician-led), forward-thinking, and partnerships necessary to thrive in today s healthcare marketplace.
Centra is continuing to grow, with plans to expand into a larger campus in the next few years. These plans include the construction of a new specialty office building, which will house the Brain and Spine programs along with other surgical specialists. In addition, a new 5-story patient care tower will house an additional 100 patients at Lynchburg General Hospital. The LGH ED will be replaced and incorporated as part of the new Northeast Tower. The new Emergency Department will include 71 treatment bays, five trauma bays and four imaging rooms. Enhancements will include a split flow model of care to expedite and enhance patient experience of care, an integrated EmPATH psychiatric patient space, super track/imaging/results lounge and improved connectivity and utilization of the ED observation unit. https://www.centrahealth.com/modernization-plan
Located in the heart of Virginia, Lynchburg is a thriving city known for its history, outdoor beauty, and quality of life. It s big enough to offer amenities such as convenient air and Amtrack service, yet small enough to be free of traffic congestion and urban crime rates. Lynchburg is conveniently located along the Blue Ridge Mountains in Central Virginia, just three hours from Washington, D.C. and coastal beaches, and only minutes from lakefront communities, mountaintop trails, and ski slopes. There are two lakes within 40 miles of the area (Smith Mountain and Leesville) where lake lovers can enjoy boating, prime time fishing, and scenic views. The multitude of trails surrounding the Peaks of Otter located off the Blue Ridge Parkway are perfect for those who enjoy camping and hiking. The Appalachian trail is one of these. The Lynchburg area provides a broad range of housing options, acclaimed schools, a vibrant arts community, and temperate weather. Our community is surrounded by four universities and colleges providing diversity in the community and opportunity for undergraduate and graduate education.
Check out some of our top attractions in the area and visit next time you re here!
Peaks of Otter
Smith Mountain Lake
James River Adventures
Academy of the Arts