The Division of Orthopedics and Sports Medicine at Banner - University Medicine Tucson is seeking a full-time Orthopedic Surgeon specializing in Spine to expand our Orthopedic Surgery faculty at Banner - University Medical Center Tucson. Banner Health’s team of sports medicine and orthopedic specialists offer comprehensive care, from the latest diagnostic technology and non-surgical therapies including concussion management, to surgery.
•BC/BE Orthopedic Surgeon with Spine Fellowship required
•MD with AZ License required upon start
•Experienced preferred, highly qualified graduating fellows will be considered
· Mon – Fri Normal Business Hours
· Call – Shared/Elective Hospital Call with Neuro Spine – 1 week/month
· All Ortho spine cases
· Average clinic patients per day 20-25
You take care of others. Let us take care of you. At Banner, your benefits package is all about your well-being. But that’s more than just basic medical, dental and vision coverage — it’s everything that makes you uniquely you, from your emotional health to your family to your satisfaction at work. So, we design your benefits with you in mind. We listen to what you have to say, offer a wide variety of competitive benefits to give you peace of mind and provide additional tools and resources to support you.
- Paid Sick Time, Personal Time Off, Malpractice, and CME Allowance
- Legal, Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Pet, Auto, and Home Insurance included in Voluntary Benefit Options
- Adoption Assistance, Fertility Benefits, and Parental Leave Support
- Resources available for pet care, childcare, elder care, housekeeping, and tutoring
- 24/7 Confidential Mental Health Support, plus coordination of child and elder care
- Physician Well-Being Program, including healthy-habit building, fitness challenges, nutrition guides, on-demand webinars, sleep guides, mindfulness, and more!
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- Financial wellness resources, including retirement plans with matching or 401b deferred options, employee perks and discounts
The soul of the Sonoran Desert. The flavor of the Southwest. The peacefully blooming community of Tucson, Arizona is nestled within surrounding mountain views and the lush Sonoran Desert. With 350+ days of annual sunshine, it is easy to soak some sunny Vitamin D with championship golf courses, scenic hiking, cycling-friendly community, horseback riding, and daytrip fishing or kayaking. Selfcare enrichment abounds in refreshing spa resorts, art galleries, enriching culture and entertainment. Tucson was also designated a UNESCO City of Gastronomy with many exciting culinary adventures in our restaurant scene. With a population slightly over 0.5 million, Tucson is a growing city with a college town feel that continues to boast an attractive cost of luxury living to enjoy with those you love most!
· Outdoor Adventures: golfing, hiking, biking, horseback riding, swimming, and nearby skiing.
· Heritage and culture: galleries, old Presidio, museums, missions
· Culinary: great selection of cuisine with vibrant, newly renovated downtown
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Banner University Medical Group (BUMG) recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. BUMG is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employer.
We kindly request that you submit a cover letter along with your application. Thank you!
Facility & Location InformationBanner - University Medical Center Tucson
1625 North Campbell Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85719 Physician-Orthopaedic Surgery - Spine