The Department of Neurology at Banner - University Medicine Tucson is actively interviewing board certified/eligible Vascular Neurologists to join our clinical faculty and multidisciplinary stroke team. This is a unique opportunity within a rapidly growing academic neuroscience program at Banner – University Medical Center Tucson and the University of Arizona. Our 649-bed hospital is located at the University of Arizona Health Sciences Center and is the only Joint Commission certified Comprehensive Stroke Center in Southern Arizona, having been nationally recognized for providing exceptional patient care, educating the next generation of healthcare providers, and conducting groundbreaking research. Our Comprehensive Stroke Center has a dedicated Neuro critical Care unit and stroke service along with state-of-the-art imaging and an active clinical trials research program.
The selected individual will provide direct patient care at the hospital’s Joint Commission Certified comprehensive stroke center. The position will include teaching and academic activities as well as opportunities to participate in clinical research. Protected research time may also be available depending on the candidate’s background, training, and interests. The successful candidate will have a full appointment within the Department of Neurology.
- ABPN certified or eligible
- Fellowship-Trained in Stroke/Vascular Neurology
- Desire to practice and engage in academic setting
You take care of others. Let us take care of you. At Banner, your benefits package is all about your well-being. But that’s more than just basic medical, dental and vision coverage — it’s everything that makes you uniquely you, from your emotional health, to your family to your satisfaction at work. So, we design your benefits with you in mind. We listen to what you have to say, offer a wide variety of competitive benefits to give you peace of mind and provide additional tools and resources to support you.
- 100k Loan Repayment available, plus Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- Paid Sick Time, Time Off, Malpractice, and paid CME!
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Pet, Auto, and Home Insurance included in Voluntary Benefit Options
- Adoption Assistance, Fertility Benefits, and Parental Leave Support
- Resources available for pet care, childcare, elder care, housekeeping, and tutoring
- 24/7 Confidential Mental Health Support, plus coordination of child and elder care
- Physician Well-Being Program, including healthy-habit building, fitness challenges, nutrition guides, on-demand webinars, sleep guides, mindfulness, and more!
- Financial wellness resources, including 401k with matching or 401b deferred retirement plan options, employee perks and discounts
The soul of the Sonoran Desert. The flavor of the Southwest. The peacefully blooming community of Tucson, Arizona is nestled within surrounding mountain views and the lush Sonoran Desert. With 350+ days of annual sunshine, it is easy to soak some sunny Vitamin D with championship golf courses, scenic hiking, cycling-friendly community, horseback riding, and daytrip fishing or kayaking. Selfcare enrichment abounds in refreshing spa resorts, art galleries, enriching culture and entertainment. Tucson was also designated a UNESCO City of Gastronomy with many exciting culinary adventures in our restaurant scene. With a population slightly over 0.5 million, Tucson is a growing city with a college town feel that continues to boast an attractive cost of luxury living to enjoy with those you love most!
Upload your CV and apply now for immediate consideration. Thank you!
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Banner University Medical Group (BUMG) recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. BUMG is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employer
Facility & Location InformationBanner - University Medical Center Tucson
1625 North Campbell Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85719 Physician-Neurology