Palliative Medicine / Supportive Care Physician
Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center
Phoenix Metropolitan Area, AZ
The Division of OncoMedicine at Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center (BMDACC) is actively recruiting for a Palliative Medicine / Supportive Care Physician to join our growing team at Banner MD Anderson in the Phoenix Metropolitan Area. This is an exciting and exceptional opportunity to be part of a comprehensive, multi-disciplinary cancer program. The position will be based at our Banner Boswell campus in a northwest suburb of Phoenix. This unique candidate will join a national leader in multidisciplinary cancer care, education, and discovery.
Banner Health, the largest healthcare system and employer in Arizona, is ranked in the top 10 healthcare systems nationwide. As a partner member of the MD Anderson Cancer Network®, our cancer program is a fully integrated, clinical extension of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center and brings an unprecedented level of cancer care to the greater Phoenix area. We share a commitment to evidence-based, multidisciplinary, and individualized patient care. Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center in Gilbert, AZ, was opened in 2011 and was MD Anderson's first full clinical extension outside of Greater Houston. We have 135+ on-going clinical trials. Banner MD Anderson has additional locations in Phoenix, AZ, and northern Colorado.
The section of Palliative Medicine and Supportive Care is an integral part of the Division of OncoMedicine and currently includes three fulltime palliative medicine / supportive care physicians on two campuses. This position will start the program at a third campus where we have 10 hem/onc providers and shared supportive services including pharmacy, social workers, nursing, and chaplains. Joining our program affords an opportunity to enjoy:
· Oncology expertise in supportive care services
· Team approach to care with focused, disease-specific expertise in the medical, radiation, and surgical management of the cancer patient
· Evidence-based, multidisciplinary approach to patient care
- Access to clinical trials and new investigative therapies
- State-of-the-art technology for the diagnosis, staging, and treatment of all types of cancer
- Competitive compensation and benefits commensurate with training and experience
- Opportunity for an adjunct faculty position at UT MD Anderson Cancer Center, and opportunity for faculty appointment with the University of Arizona
This is a full-time position with a Monday through Friday schedule and no after-hour or weekend call.
We are seeking applicants with:
· BC/BE in Hospice and Palliative Medicine
· Excellent clinical training and/or experience, including experience and/or training in symptom management
· Compassionate physician who enjoys a team-oriented work setting
· Interest and/or experience in supporting oncology patients desired
· Able to build collaborative relationships and provide education to colleagues and patients
· Ability and desire to support a growing team and align with the needs of the program
This location is convenient to a flourishing entertainment complex, professional sports, world-class concerts, year-round outdoor activities with miles of beautiful trails, refreshing Lake Pleasant and modern sports complexes. All of the big city amenities as well as abundant recreational opportunities are available in this highly desired metropolitan area.
Please submit your letter of interest and CV for immediate consideration.
Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability or veteran status except where such distinction is required by law. All positions at Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center are security sensitive and subject to examination of criminal history record information. Smoke-free and drug-free environment. Not a J1 opportunity.
Facility & Location InformationBanner MD Anderson Cancer Center (West Valley)
Phoenix Suburb, Phoenix, AZ 85012 Physician - Academics-Palliative Care