The Department of Ophthalmology and Vision Science at Banner University Medicine Tucson is actively growing and adding an additional fellowship-trained academic Vitreoretinal Surgeon to join our growing department. The selected individual will be responsible for the surgical and non-surgical management of retina patients. Clinical services are provided at the Banner University Medicine Ophthalmology Clinic in Tucson and two medical center campuses located within 15 minutes from the clinic. Our residency program has 4 residents per year, and an enthusiastic commitment to teaching is desired. The preferred candidate will also possess strong research interests, either in clinical research, basic science research, or both. The qualified candidate will receive a faculty appointment at the University of Arizona consistent with their credentials, including a generous tuition discount for the applicant and immediate family members.
- American Board of Ophthalmology certified or eligible
- Fellowship Training in Vitreoretinal Surgery
Banner Benefits: You take care of others. Let us take care of you. At Banner, your benefits package is all about your well-being. But that’s more than just basic medical, dental and vision coverage — it’s everything that makes you uniquely you, from your emotional health, to your family to your satisfaction at work. So, we design your benefits with you in mind. We listen to what you have to say, offer a wide variety of competitive benefits to give you peace of mind and provide additional tools and resources to support you.
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- Productivity Incentives (wRVU), Paid Sick Time, Time Off, Malpractice, and CME (plus CME allowance!)
- Legal, Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Pet, Auto, and Home Insurance included in Voluntary Benefit Options
- Adoption Assistance, Fertility Benefits, and Parental Leave Support
- Resources available for pet care, childcare, elder care, housekeeping, and tutoring
- 24/7 Confidential Mental Health Support, plus coordination of child and elder care
- Well-Being Program, including healthy-habit building, fitness challenges, nutrition guides, on-demand webinars, sleep guides, mindfulness, and more!
- Financial wellness resources, including retirement plans with matching or deferred options, employee perks and discounts
TUCSON! The soulful Sonoran Desert. The flavorful Southwest. The peacefully blooming community of Tucson, Arizona is nestled within surrounding mountain views and the lush Sonoran Desert. With 350+ days of annual sunshine, it is easy to soak some sunny Vitamin D with championship golf courses, scenic hiking, cycling-friendly community, horseback riding, and daytrip fishing or kayaking. Selfcare enrichment abounds in refreshing spa resorts, art galleries, enriching culture and entertainment. Tucson was also designated a UNESCO City of Gastronomy with many exciting culinary adventures in our restaurant scene. With a population slightly over 0.5 million, Tucson is a growing city with a college town feel that continues to boast an attractive cost of luxury living to enjoy with those you love most!
SUBMIT YOUR CV FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Banner University Medical Group (BUMG) recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. BUMG is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employer.
Facility & Location InformationBanner - University Medical Center Tucson
1625 North Campbell Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85719 Physician-Ophthalmology - Retinal Surgery