In partnership with the University of Arizona, the Department of Surgery at Banner - University Medicine Tucson are now interviewing Thoracic Surgeons to join an established practice of clinical faculty and advanced practice providers. This is an excellent opportunity for a thoracic surgeon with proven clinical skills and demonstrated academic experience to join a fully-staffed, fully supported multidisciplinary team on the campus at Banner - University Medical Center Tucson as a Clinical Faculty member. The candidate selected will have the opportunity to develop a full-time general thoracic surgery practice (with lung transplant optional), educate residents and medical students, encouraged to participate in clinical and/or basic science research and will receive a faculty appointment commensurate with their credentials.
- American Board of Thoracic Surgery certified or eligible
- Desire to practice within an academic and research setting; including teaching residents, fellows, and medical students
- All aspects of general thoracic surgery with lung transplant optional
- Experience in minimally invasive and robotic
- Experienced Clinical Faculty and Graduating Thoracic Surgeons with interests in a clinical academic practice are encouraged to apply
You take care of others. Let us take care of you. At Banner, your benefits package is all about your well-being. But that’s more than just basic medical, dental and vision coverage — it’s everything that makes you uniquely you, from your emotional health, to your family to your satisfaction at work. So, we design your benefits with you in mind. We listen to what you have to say, offer a wide variety of competitive benefits to give you peace of mind and provide additional tools and resources to support you.
- Legal, Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- Paid Sick Time, Personal Time Off, Malpractice, and CME Allowance
- Pet, Auto, and Home Insurance included in Voluntary Benefit Options
- Adoption Assistance, Fertility Benefits, and Parental Leave Support
- Resources available for pet care, childcare, elder care, housekeeping, and tutoring
- 24/7 Confidential Mental Health Support, plus coordination of child and elder care
- Physician Well-Being Program, including healthy-habit building, fitness challenges, nutrition guides, on-demand webinars, sleep guides, mindfulness, and more!
- Financial wellness resources, including retirement plans with matching or 401b deferred options, employee perks and discounts
If interested, we encourage you to apply with your CV here for consideration. Thank you!
Our Community: The soulful Sonoran Desert. The flavorful Southwest. The peacefully blooming community of Tucson, Arizona is nestled within surrounding mountain views and the lush Sonoran Desert. With 350+ days of annual sunshine, it is easy to soak some sunny Vitamin D with championship golf courses, scenic hiking, cycling-friendly community, horseback riding, and daytrip fishing or kayaking. Selfcare enrichment abounds in refreshing spa resorts, art galleries, enriching culture and entertainment. Tucson was also designated a UNESCO City of Gastronomy with many exciting culinary adventures in our restaurant scene. With a population slightly over 0.5 million, Tucson is a growing city with a college town feel that continues to boast an attractive cost of luxury living to enjoy with those you love most!
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Banner University Medical Group (BUMG) recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. BUMG is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employer.
Facility & Location InformationBanner - University Medical Group
Tucson, AZ 85724 Physician-Thoracic Surgery