Join our dynamic team in Tucson, AZ! The Department of Psychiatry at the Banner – University Medicine Behavioral Health Clinic is seeking a fellowship-trained Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist to join our dynamic department. The selected individual will be responsible for the clinical care of child and adolescent behavioral patients at the innovative Banner – University Medicine Behavioral Health Clinic in Tucson, Arizona. Clinical responsibilities include outpatient care and shared call coverage (taken from home), and opportunities to participate in Consult/Liaison service. Academic/Research time available based upon interests. With thriving resident and fellowship training programs, an enthusiastic commitment to didactic teaching and educational programming is desired. The qualified candidate will receive a faculty appointment at the University of Arizona consistent with their credentials.
- Board Eligible/Board Certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Fellowship-Trained in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Desire to practice and engage in an academic setting
- Position is open to experienced psychiatrists as well as new grads completing their child and adolescent psychiatry fellowship (excellent loan repayment available!)
Primary Location: Banner – University Medicine Behavioral Health Clinic | Department of Psychiatry, 2800 East Ajo Way, Tucson, AZ 85713
The Department of Psychiatry at the University of Arizona College of Medicine seeks applicants to join the faculty in the role of Clinical Educator (MD or DO). This faculty appointment at the assistant or associate rank (in the educator scholar track) is for early to mid-career psychiatric physicians who are committed to launching a career in medical education. In addition to providing clinical care, 20% effort will be protected for up to three years to acquire and refine the skills necessary to become a leader in psychiatric education. Applications from those with interest in undergraduate medical education, graduate medical education, and cross-disciplinary and continuing medical education are all encouraged.
Applicants should be able to articulate a vision for their professional development and career as a clinician educator. The successful applicant will work closely with the department chair, vice chair for education, and colleagues in relevant educational units at the College of Medicine, Banner University Medical Center, and the University of Arizona, to accomplish mutually agreed upon, measurable milestones. The clinician educator faculty will be encouraged to apply for education leadership programs from AAMC, ADMSEP, or another related professional organization (participation fees paid for by the department) and pursue their own mentored program of educational programmatic development and/or educational scholarship. Clinical educator faculty will have a dedicated faculty mentor.
- DOE: 0.2 education FTE; 0.8 clinical FTE
- Faculty rank: Assistant or Associate Professor
- Track: Educator-Scholar
- Tenure eligible: No
You take care of others. Let us take care of you. At Banner, your benefits package is all about your well-being. But that’s more than just basic medical, dental and vision coverage — it’s everything that makes you uniquely you, from your emotional health to your family to your satisfaction at work. So, we design your benefits with you in mind. We listen to what you have to say, offer a wide variety of competitive benefits to give you peace of mind and provide additional tools and resources to support you.
- 100k Loan Repayment available, plus Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- Paid Sick Time, Time Off, Malpractice, and CME (plus CME allowance!)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Pet, Auto, and Home Insurance included in Voluntary Benefit Options
- Adoption Assistance, Fertility Benefits, and Parental Leave Support
- Resources available for pet care, childcare, elder care, housekeeping, and tutoring
- 24/7 Confidential Mental Health Support, plus coordination of child and elder care
- Physician Well-Being Program, including healthy-habit building, fitness challenges, nutrition guides, on-demand webinars, sleep guides, mindfulness, and more!
- Financial wellness resources, including retirement plans with matching or 401b deferred options, employee perks and discounts
The soul of the Sonoran Desert. The flavor of the Southwest. The peacefully blooming community of Tucson, Arizona is nestled within surrounding mountain views and the lush Sonoran Desert. With 350+ days of annual sunshine, it is easy to soak some sunny Vitamin D with championship golf courses, scenic hiking, cycling-friendly community, horseback riding, and daytrip fishing or kayaking. Selfcare enrichment abounds in refreshing spa resorts, art galleries, enriching culture and entertainment. Tucson was also designated a UNESCO City of Gastronomy with many exciting culinary adventures in our restaurant scene. With a population slightly over 0.5 million, Tucson is a growing city with a college town feel that continues to boast an attractive cost of luxury living to enjoy with those you love most!
Submit your CV for immediate consideration!
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Banner University Medical Group (BUMG) recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. BUMG is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employer
Facility & Location InformationBanner - University Medicine Behavioral Health Clinic
Located at Banner - University Medical Center South, Tucson, AZ 85713 Physician-Psychiatry - Child