In partnership with the University of Arizona, the Department of Medical Imaging at Banner - University Medicine Tucson is actively interviewing fellowship-trained Neuro-Radiologist to join the Division of Neuroradiology. Appointment rank is commensurate with experience. We are seeking intellectually curious, team-oriented candidates who are excellent clinical Neuroradiology specialists and enthusiastic educators. *Full Time and Per Diem Opportunities Available*
Prospective candidates, Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or full Professor will have an MD or DO degree, ABR Board certification in Diagnostic Radiology, fellowship training in Neuroradiology, and possess or be eligible for a subspecialty certification in Neuroradiology. The candidate will be eligible for licensure in the State of Arizona.
The ideal applicant will have expertise in all aspects of Neuroradiology, including imaging of the brain, head and neck, spine, and pediatric neuroimaging, both from clinical and scientific perspectives. She or he will imbue growth-oriented and customer-focused mindsets along with a sense of stewardship to the Department of Medical Imaging, Banner University Medicine, and the University of Arizona College of Medicine. Candidates should possess experience and passion in caring for Neuroradiology patients, teaching, and supervising medical students, residents and fellows, and the ability to work cooperatively and collegially within a diverse environment. Fundamental to the position are the ability to deliver outstanding collaborative patient care.
- Contribute to a strong academic division that provides comprehensive clinical service with a spirit of innovation as an engine for growth, value, and service
- Participate in weekday clinical work and weekday/weekend call coverage while ensuring the delivery of timely, high-quality clinical care
- Collaboration with colleagues to improve service and quality to for the betterment of our patients
- Involvement with Residents, Fellows, and Medical Students by preparing and administering lectures and reviewing cases
- Participate in interdisciplinary conferences, conferring with other services concerning issues affecting Medical Imaging
- Support innovative research and serve as a willing collaborator with clinical and translational researchers
Division of Neuroradiology
- Top Academic Environment with state of the art equipment
- Expert imaging and interventional therapy for fetal, neonatal, pediatric, and adult brain and spine
- Emphasis on rapid stroke imaging, brain tumor and neurodegenerative disorders
- DTI for brain and spine, Perfusion (DCE and DSC) for Brain Tumors, DSC Perfusion imaging for Acute Stroke
- Volumetric imaging included in CT protocols providing 3-D views for all images
- Major procedures include head and neck biopsies under ultrasound and CT guidance, bone and soft tissue biopsies of the spine, pain procedures for the spine, lumbar punctures, Myelograms, and intrathecal chemotherapy administration
- Regular multidisciplinary meetings for Epilepsy
- Medical Imaging Research Division consisting of 12 faculty nationally recognized for expertise in MR, CT, and Gamma-Ray Imaging
- University of Arizona Departments of Neurology and Neurosurgery
- Alzheimer’s Institute
- Lewy Body Dementia, Division of Geriatrics, General Internal Medicine and Palliative Care
- Ophthalmology and Vision Science
- Otolaryngology - Head & Neck Surgery
- Center for Sinonasal and Skull Base Tumors
- The Arizona Center on Aging
- The Center for Innovation in Brain Science
- Biomedical Engineering Department
You take care of others. Let us take care of you. At Banner, your benefits package is all about your well-being. But that’s more than just basic medical, dental and vision coverage — it’s everything that makes you uniquely you, from your emotional health, to your family to your satisfaction at work. So, we design your benefits with you in mind. We listen to what you have to say, offer a wide variety of competitive benefits to give you peace of mind and provide additional tools and resources to support you.
- Dedicated Academic Time
- 100k Loan Repayment available, plus Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- Paid Sick Time, Time Off, Malpractice, and support to attend meetings and conferences (CME allowance!)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Pet, Auto, and Home Insurance included in Voluntary Benefit Options
- Adoption Assistance, Fertility Benefits, and Parental Leave Support
- Resources available for pet care, childcare, elder care, housekeeping, and tutoring
- 24/7 Confidential Mental Health Support, plus coordination of child and elder care
- Physician Well-Being Program, including healthy-habit building, fitness challenges, nutrition guides, on-demand webinars, sleep guides, mindfulness, and more!
- Financial wellness resources, including 401k with matching or 401b deferred retirement plan options, employee perks and discounts
Submit your CV for immediate consideration!
Diversity and Inclusion
The Department of Medical Imaging celebrates our greatest asset of diversity and champions an inclusive climate.
Facility & Location InformationBanner - University Medical Center Tucson
1625 North Campbell Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85719 Physician-Radiology