Abdominal Imaging with the University of Arizona *Full Time and Per Diem Opportunities Available*
Banner - University Medicine Tucson is seeking a fellowship-trained radiologist to join the Division of Abdominal Imaging. Appointment rank is commensurate with experience. We are seeking intellectually curious, team-oriented candidates who are excellent clinical Abdominal/Body Imaging specialists and enthusiastic educators. An affinity toward innovation and investigation is also welcome. Prospective candidates, Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or full Professor will have an MD or DO degree, ABR Board certification in Diagnostic Radiology and fellowship training in Abdominal Imaging. The candidate will be eligible for licensure in the State of Arizona. The ideal applicant will have expertise in all aspects, including advanced applications of Abdominal/Body Imaging (including Body MRI, CT, ultrasonography and fluoroscopy). She or he will imbue growth-oriented and customer-focused mindsets along with a sense of stewardship to the Department of Medical Imaging, Banner University Health, and the University of Arizona College of Medicine. Candidates should possess experience and passion in caring for Abdominal Imaging patients, teaching, and supervising medical students, residents and fellows, and the ability to work cooperatively and collegially within a diverse environment. Fundamental to the position are the ability to deliver outstanding collaborative patient care, advance the research mission of the department and cultivate a learning environment for the delivery of innovative education.
- Contribute to a strong academic division that provides comprehensive clinical service with a spirit of innovation as an engine for growth, value, and service.
- Participate in weekday clinical work and weekday/weekend call coverage while ensuring the delivery of timely, high-quality clinical care.
- Collaborate with to improve service and quality for the betterment of our patients.
- Provide instruction for the Residency, Fellowship and Medical Student educational programs by preparing and administering lectures and reviewing cases.
- Participate in interdisciplinary conferences, conferring with other services concerning issues affecting Medical Imaging.
- Support innovative research and serve as a willing collaborator with clinical and translational researchers.
Division of Abdominal Imaging
- Expert imaging (CT/MR/US/fluoroscopy) of body organ systems and post-interventional therapy imaging for abdominal and pelvic disease
- Trauma and ED imaging for Level 1 Trauma center
- Comprehensive oncologic imaging for patients receiving care at NCI-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Body MR imaging provides foundation of excellent clinical service. Advanced MRI, using functional imaging and imaging biomarkers for quality care supporting growth of medical and surgical oncology and transplant services.
- Improved technology for motion resistant fast MR protocols for ED service with quick turnaround time and high through put.
- CT colonography service for colon cancer screening
- Dual energy CT applications in abdominal imaging, particularly urology imaging
- Ultrasound shearwave imaging for abdominal organs and small parts
You take care of others. Let us take care of you. At Banner, your benefits package is all about your well-being. But that’s more than just basic medical, dental and vision coverage — it’s everything that makes you uniquely you, from your emotional health to your family to your satisfaction at work. So, we design your benefits with you in mind. We listen to what you have to say, offer a wide variety of competitive benefits to give you peace of mind and provide additional tools and resources to support you.
- 100k Loan Repayment available, plus Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- Production Incentives (wRVU), Paid Sick Time, Personal Time Off, Malpractice, and CME (plus CME allowance!)
- Legal, Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Pet, Auto, and Home Insurance included in Voluntary Benefit Options
- Adoption Assistance, Fertility Benefits, and Parental Leave Support
- Resources available for pet care, childcare, elder care, housekeeping, and tutoring
- 24/7 Confidential Mental Health Support, plus coordination of child and elder care
- Physician Well-Being Program, including healthy-habit building, fitness challenges, nutrition guides, on-demand webinars, sleep guides, mindfulness, and more!
- Financial wellness resources, including 401k with matching or 401b deferred retirement plan options, employee perks and discounts
The soul of the Sonoran Desert. The flavor of the Southwest. The peacefully blooming community of Tucson, Arizona is nestled within surrounding mountain views and the lush Sonoran Desert. With 350+ days of annual sunshine, it is easy to soak some sunny Vitamin D with championship golf courses, scenic hiking, cycling-friendly community, horseback riding, and daytrip fishing or kayaking. Selfcare enrichment abounds in refreshing spa resorts, art galleries, enriching culture and entertainment. Tucson was also designated a UNESCO City of Gastronomy with many exciting culinary adventures in our restaurant scene. With a population slightly over 0.5 million, Tucson is a growing city with a college town feel that continues to boast an attractive cost of luxury living to enjoy with those you love most!
We encourage you to apply here with your CV for immediate consideration. Thank you!
Facility & Location InformationBanner - University Medical Center Tucson
1625 North Campbell Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85719 Physician-Radiology