Outstanding Dermatology Faculty Opportunity New York
On behalf of Dr. Evan Jones, Professor, Chair, and Chief of Service at Stony Brook Dermatology Associates (SBDA) in Stony Brook, NY, CareerPhysician, LLC, the leader in academic executive and faculty search, has initiated a national search to identify outstanding faculty candidates to join a dynamic group of dermatologists and fellowship trained subspecialized faculty, including dermatopathology, Mohs surgery and Cutaneous Oncology providing elite, state-of-the-art care to adult and pediatric patients throughout Long Island. We believe this is an excellent opportunity for those dermatologists seeking academic experience with private practice benefits in the Eastern Long Island region.
SBDA dermatologists are afforded academic promotion and opportunities to participate in education, research, and scholarly work through Renaissance School of Medicine at Stony Brook Hospital. SBDA is a comprehensive dermatology group providing clinical and surgical care for patients in the following areas: general dermatology, cosmetic procedures, hair loss, cutaneous allergy, dermatologic oncology, micrographic surgery (MOHS), pediatric dermatology, phototherapy and more.
- Outstanding division with 12 core faculty, 3 research faculty, and 19 voluntary clinical faculty committed to innovation and providing the highest level of comprehensive dermatologic care and experience to patients throughout Eastern New York.
- Incentive based salary or all dermatologists within the division to ensure equity and lucrative financial opportunity for all core partners, which promotes a physician friendly practice model committed to providing clinical faculty autonomy in day-to-day practice and promoting academic interests, including education and research through Renaissance School of Medicine.
- Practice and procedure resources include, Mohs micrographic skin cancer surgery and cutaneous oncology procedures, general dermatology, photodynamic therapy, phototherapy, allergy patch testing, Excimer, Gentlemax, V-beam, CO2, and Bluecore Pico laser treatments, CoolSculpting, Microneedling, Thread Lifts, injectables, PRP and stem cell therapy for hair loss and clinical trials/studies.
- SBDA is currently considering applicants interested in adult and/or pediatric dermatology and offers a competitive compensation package that includes a guaranteed salary, quarterly bonus incentives based on overall individual performance, an aggressive vesting and retirement program and occurrence-based malpractice insurance and tail coverage.
- SBDA enjoys a healthy payor mix which includes over 70 percent managed care and commercial insurance, and less than 1 percent Medicaid.
- Stony Brook is recognized as one of the best North Fork and Long Island suburbs offering residents spacious living, scenic areas, coastal recreation, wonderful restaurants, coffee shops, and parks. Public schools rank amongst the best in the region and residents enjoy a cost of living that is 55 percent less than New York City with easy access to Manhattan and The Hamptons.
Qualifications: Stony Brook Medicine Department of Dermatology is currently recruiting a Dermatologist for a full-time faculty position at the Clinical Assistant/Associate Professor level. Candidate must be an outstanding clinician and teacher and possess a strong commitment to academic dermatology with an interest, skill, and desire to teach and participate in the training of medical students and residents. This position requires the physician to conduct dermatology clinical sessions, teach, participate in continuing medical education programs, deliver lectures, as well as attend and participate in (department) Grand Rounds. Rank and salary are commensurate with qualifications. Applicants must have an MD or equivalent, be American board certified/eligible in Dermatology and have or be eligible for a NYS License. Experience in Academic and Clinical Programs, Teaching experience, Publications.
For more details about this opportunity, or if you would like to recommend an individual(s) who exemplifies the qualities we are seeking in a candidate, please contact Mark Lozano at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 469-553-9311. All interactions will remain confidential, and no inquiries will be made without the consent of the applicant.
Stony Brook University is committed to excellence in diversity and the creation of an inclusive learning and working environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other protected classes under federal or state laws.