The Orlando Health Medical Group (OHMG) invites you to explore full-time and part-time OBGYN Faculty Hospitalist opportunities at the nation s premier dedicated women s hospital, Orlando Health Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women and Babies! The OBGYN Hospitalist group is seeking board certified OBGYN physicians to provide comprehensive obstetric and gynecologic care for diverse members of our central Florida community. The OBGYN Faculty Hospitalists provide high quality care for patients at Orlando Health Winnie Palmer Hospital and an associated ambulatory practice, allowing for a full-scope practice. The program is structured as a hospitalist model with protected academic time.
The members of the hospitalist team are also the principal faculty for the Orlando Health OBGYN Residency Teaching Program, which currently hosts a total of 29 Residents. The program is structured as a hospitalist model with protected academic time. The position provides comprehensive clinical opportunities, including Labor and Delivery and Postpartum care, gynecologic surgery, and practice-based care, all in partnership with our Resident physicians. The OBGYN Hospitalist Faculty group, along with the OBGYN residency team, currently manage over 3,500 deliveries each year.
Never work alone! Orlando Health Winnie Palmer Hospital maintains exceptional clinical infrastructure that includes a strong presence of both employed and private practice OBGYN Hospitalist teams, 24/7 OB Anesthesia physician and anesthetist resources, inhouse Neonatology supporting the 142 bed Neonatal ICU, and a traveler-free RN workforce. Comprehensive care is provided through the expertise of our OBGYN Hospitalist program and our specialty divisions which include Maternal Fetal Medicine, Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery, UroGynecology, Gynecologic Oncology, Breast Medical and Surgical Oncology, and Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
- Full time physicians enjoy a flexible monthly schedule of 13 clinical twelve-hour shifts and 1 non-clinical academic shift, with ability to pick up additional shifts.
- Work in an acute care environment where you are truly a member of a care team, with the collaboration and support of a minimum of 3 other OBGYN attending physicians at all times.
- Join a team that provides clinical coverage 24/7 including Labor and Delivery, Postpartum, Gynecology, Obstetrical Emergency Department, and outpatient office during the weekday.
- Serve as attending physician to patients and supervise and teach OBGYN residents.
- Work collaboratively with Advanced Practice Providers (Certified Nurse Midwives, Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners).
- Excellent compensation package with base compensation beginning at $325,000/year, plus starting bonus, plus annual performance incentive, plus annual retention bonus!
- Full portfolio of benefits including health/vision/dental insurance along with malpractice coverage, disability coverage, deferred compensation, and excellent retirement savings options from day 1!
- Annual CME stipend in addition to 5 days of paid time for CME attendance.
- Paid NICA, Florida License, Florida DEA, and Membership to American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists in addition to the CME stipend.
Resident Education and Mentorship
- Provide educational sessions throughout clinical shifts
- Participate in resident educational didactic teaching sessions and rotational evaluations
- Serve as a mentor for at least one resident each academic year
- Participate in the development of care algorithms, clinical protocols, research, quality improvement projects, or other endeavors that support patient focused, evidenced-based care delivery
- MD/DO degree
- Board Certified by American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Prefer 3 years of practice experience, prior hospitalist experience or completion of an OBGYN Hospitalist Fellowship program
- Candidates must have a passion for teaching and the ability to work and thrive in busy clinical environments.
- No state income tax!
- Greater Orlando offers direct access to Florida s world-famous theme parks and attractions.
- Our lifestyle options have something for everyone, from the downtown districts for those enjoying a trendy urban flair, to family-oriented communities with top-rated public and private schools.
- We have ample outdoor activities including large public parks for your kids and pets, hiking and biking trails, abundant lake access for kayaking, fishing, and paddle boarding, with Florida s beautiful beaches only an hour away.
Orlando Health Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women and Babies has provided dedicated programs and services focused on the unique needs of women and newborns since opening on the downtown Orlando campus in 2006.
Our expert team of leading physicians, surgeons and specialists provides specialized care that covers all facets of women s health, from comprehensive gynecological services and minimally invasive surgeries to general obstetrics and high-risk pregnancies and births. The hospital s 350 beds include 142 neonatal intensive care beds, making it one of the largest neonatal intensive care units in the United States. Orlando Health Winnie Palmer also is one of the largest and most experienced labor and delivery units in the nation. As a Regional Perinatal Intensive Care Hospital for the state of Florida, high-risk obstetrical patients and their infants are referred to our specialists. A two-story sky bridge connects us to Orlando Health Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children, allowing for easy patient transport and efficient sharing of physician and diagnostic resources.
Among the hospital s numerous quality and safety recognitions, some of the most recent include:
- Best Children s Hospital (Neonatology) U.S. News & World Report, 2023-2024
- High Performing Hospital for Maternity Care U.S. News & World Report, 2023-2024
- Best Hospitals in America The Leapfrog Group/Money, 2022
- Magnet Recognized American Nurses Credentialing Center
- Council of Women s and Infants Specialty Hospitals, Member
- Fortune/IBM Watson Health 100 Top Hospitals list, 2021
- Top Teaching Hospital The Leapfrog Group, 2022
- LGBTQ+ Healthcare Equality Top Performer Human Rights Campaign Foundation's Healthcare Equality Index (HEI), 2022
- National Quality Approval Joint Commission