Physician - Pediatric IntensivistPosition Type:
Full TimeHR Rep / Recruiter:
Pediatric Intensivist Opportunity in an Outdoor Enthusiast's Wonderland!Responsibilities
Pediatrix® Medical Group is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Pediatric Intensivist to join our growing healthcare team within the MountainStar Children's Network in Orem, UT (Utah County). The successful candidate will provide coverage in our combined pediatric and PICU units as well as occasional tele-consultation to our satellite pediatric inpatient unit in Ogden, UT. Call for the month is split with another intensivist with plans to add providers as the unit grows.
- Provide exceptional care to pediatric patients in the combined pediatric and PICU units. No newborn coverage.
- Robust mix of patients with variable complexity
- 15 days of rounding with home call at night each month with coverage provided for vacations.
- Cover an average daily census of 4-6 combined PICU/Pediatric patients
- Work closely with a network of supportive pediatric subspecialty providers including cardiology, gastroenterology, surgery, anesthesia, orthopedic surgery, craniofacial/plastic surgery, otolaryngology, and interventional radiology. More specialty providers are regularly added.
- One of the most comprehensive children's programs in Utah with nutrition, child life, case management, and administration support
- Provide support to a large collegial network of primary care pediatric providers.
- The hospital includes a robust Level III NICU
About the Area
Orem, Utah is located approximately 45 miles south of Salt Lake City and is located amidst the majestic beauty of Mt. Timpanogos. There is no shortage of activities for the outdoor enthusiast - from skiing, mountain biking, rock climbing, golfing and dozens of parks and places to play - there is something for everyone. The area offers its residents great schools, a thriving environment for businesses of all sizes, and a family friendly atmosphere.Qualifications
Benefits and Compensation
- BE/BC Pediatric Critical Care Medicine
- BC Pediatrics
- UT license preferred or in-process
- New fellows welcome to apply
Our clinicians enjoy a competitive compensation package with many locations offering sign on bonuses, relocation and tuition reimbursement.
Benefits for Full Time employee and qualified dependents:
- Health Insurance including prescription drugs
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term disability options
- Employee stock purchase program - 15% discount*
- 401k with company match**
- Long Term Care (LTC)
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Aflac Hospital, Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Identity Protection
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
*Part Time Regular employee classifications also receive this benefit
** Available to part-time regular and part-time casual employees age 21 and overAbout Us
Pediatrix® Medical Group (Pediatrix) are one of the nation's leading providers of highly specialized health care for women, babies and children. Since 1979, Pediatrix-affiliated clinicians have been committed to providing coordinated, compassionate and clinically excellent services across the continuum of care, both in hospital settings and office-based practices. Specialties including obstetrics, maternal-fetal medicine, and neonatology are complemented by 18 pediatric subspecialties and a newly expanded area of primary and urgent care clinics. The group's high-quality, evidence-based care is bolstered by investments in research, education, quality-improvement and safety initiatives.
Today through almost 8,000 employees in 38 states, dedicated teams including physicians, advanced practitioners, clinical leaders, business and operational experts work together every day to fulfill our mission to take great care of the patient®. We invite you to join the Pediatrix® family and help shape the future of health care for women, babies and children.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are becoming increasingly common. All genuine Pediatrix job postings can be found through the Pediatrix Careers site: www.pediatrix.com/careers.Pediatrix is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.#CL