* Specialty: Maternal Fetal Medicine
* Schedule: Full-Time
* Call Schedule: Rotational basis
* Practice Detail: Ascension St. John Hospital in Detroit, Michigan is looking for a full-time, Maternal Fetal Medicine physician to join their well-established and busy MFM division. The division provides consultative care for high-risk patients and pregnancies including an active maternal transfer service to our Birthing Center. St. John is a 700 licensed bed tertiary care teaching hospital which serves as a referral facility for Southeast Michigan and is a designated Adult Level I Trauma Center and a Pediatric Level 2 Trauma Center.
* EMR System: Cerner
* Facility: Ascension St. John Hospital
* Location: Detroit, Michigan
* Visa Eligibility: None
Paid time off (PTO)
Various health insurance options & wellness plans
Retirement benefits including employer match plans
Long-term & short-term disability
Employee assistance programs (EAP)
Parental leave & adoption assistance
Ways to give back to your community
*Please note, benefits and benefits eligibility can vary by position, exclusions may apply for some roles (for example: PRN, Short-Term Option, etc.). Actual compensation offer will vary based upon role, education, experience, location, and qualifications. Connect with your Talent Advisor for additional specifics.
* Includes clinical, academic and administrative responsibilities.
* The onsite AIUM-accredited ultrasound unit uses up to date 3/4D equipment. Ultrasounds are performed at 2 sites with an annual volume of >7,500 scans.
* The facility has an accredited university affiliated Obstetrics & Gynecology residency-training program (4 residents/year). The NICU is a level III unit with 33 rooms.
* Competitive compensation package offered.
* Evaluates and treats patients with appropriate medical diagnostic and treatment skills. Coordinates discharge planning with case management.
* Recommends, participates in, and works to ensure the success of efforts to improve cost effectiveness and quality of care provided to patients.
* Accepts patient referrals from other physicians. Acts as admitting, attending and/or consulting physician for patients who require hospitalization for primary medical diagnoses, depending on needs of patients, medical staff and hospital.
* Participates in academic programs (e.g. medical education and research) as requested.
* Provides appropriate documentation that meets insurance company requirements; appeal all denials in a timely manner.
* Participates in inpatient and outpatient consultation for specialty, which may include on call schedules.
? Physician MD/DO with Prescriptive Authority credentialed from the Michigan Board of Medicine obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Verified by local Credentialing Office.
? Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
? Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) or Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) or Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD) or Doctor of Optometry (OD) or Doctor of Podiatric Medicine (DPM) required.
Qualifications: Must be residency trained and BC in obstetrics/gynecology, BE/BC fellowship trained in MFM, and be able to meet the requirements to obtain a State of Michigan medical license.
Why Join Our Team
Ascension Michigan operates 16 hospitals and more than 300 related healthcare facilities that together employ nearly 23,000 compassionate associates. When you join our care teams, you join a team dedicated to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of the communities we serve throughout Michigan.
Ascension is a leading non-profit, faith-based national health system made up of over 150,000 associates and 2,600 sites of care, including more than 140 hospitals and 40 senior living communities in 19 states.
Our Mission, Vision and Values encompass everything we do at Ascension. Every associate is empowered to give back, volunteer and make a positive impact in their community. Ascension careers are more than jobs; they are opportunities to enhance your life and the lives of the people around you.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
For further information, view the EEO Know Your Rights (English) poster or EEO Know Your Rights (Spanish) poster.
As a military friendly organization, Ascension promotes career flexibility and offers many benefits to help support the well-being of our military families, spouses, veterans and reservists. Our associates are empowered to apply their military experience and unique perspective to their civilian career with Ascension.
Pay Non-Discrimination Notice
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.