Full-time | Monday Friday | 1:4 Call
Munson Healthcare is seeking a BE/BC Internal Medicine and Infectious Disease physician to join three infectious disease specialists and two nurse practitioners in an established practice in beautiful Traverse City.
As a regional referral center, Munson Medical Center - a 442 bed hospital - provides care to patients across northern Michigan and the Upper Peninsula. This position will practice in an acute care hospital setting and an outpatient ID clinic located in the professional building connected to the hospital. Call schedule rotates weekday evenings and weekend coverage with other ID physicians to provide expertise to Munson Medical Center and the Munson Healthcare system colleagues and entities.
In this position, you will join a team of knowledgeable and skilled medical staff representing more than 76 specialties, working in a collaborative, quality, patient-centered environment. Join a not-for-profit healthcare system and find the right balance between a rewarding career and living in a region that offers a rich blend of adventure, relaxation, and breathtaking natural attractions.
Munson Healthcare offers a comprehensive benefits package to meet your financial, health, and life-work balance goals.
- Competitive compensation and full benefits
- Exceptional health, dental, vision, and prescription drug insurance plans
- 401(k) matching
- Continuing education credits
- Malpractice insurance
- Paid time off
- Provide inpatient and outpatient care consultations and ongoing treatment of chronic infectious diseases.
- Deliver comprehensive care for patient panel, including management of chronic diseases directly or through collaboration with primary care physicians and specialists.
- Work in a team environment (with social work, care management, integrated behavioral health, pharmacy, nutrition, health education), process feedback, and facilitate open discussion.
- Implement plans of care in collaboration with the patient, their family, and other team members.
- Develop strong transitional care plans. Keep track of paneled patients along the whole continuum of care including hospital discharges, emergency department, skilled nursing facilities, and home care.
- Vigilant in keeping track of patients and their disease processes to avoid emergency department visits, admissions to the hospital, and readmissions.
- Assist with educating patients regarding their chronic diseases and healthy choices.
- Assist with the education and discussion of chronic disease progress and advanced directives.
- One hospital, no pediatrics or transplant.
- 1:4 Call
- State of Michigan licensed or eligible.
- Board-eligible or certified in Infectious Disease
ABOUT THE MUNSON PHYSICIAN NETWORK
Physicians & Advance Practice Providers employed by or under a Professional Services Agreement with an MHC entity.
NOTE: Does not include independent members of the medical staff
- 550+ Physicians and Advance Practice Providers
- 65 Practice Sites
- Primary and Specialty Care
- Inpatient and Ambulatory Care
- $120M Net Revenue Annually
- Area of Continued Strategic Growth for MHC
ABOUT MUNSON MEDICAL CENTER
Munson Medical Center the regional referral center for all of northern Michigan has earned a national reputation for top quality care. The 442-bed hospital offers the only verified Level II Trauma Center and Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit in Michigan s northern lower peninsula, nationally recognized cardiac care provided at the Webber Heart Center, advanced oncology services in the leading-edge Cowell Family Cancer Center, a Primary Stroke Center, heart and cancer research programs, a robust teaching hospital for residents, interns, medical students, and nursing students, and a stellar orthopedics program. Munson Medical Center has served Grand Traverse, Leelanau, and Antrim counties since 1915, with a long history and heritage of keeping patients at the center of all they do.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Munson Healthcare grants equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, height, weight, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected category.