The Wilmot Cancer Institute (WCI) at the University of Rochester Medical Center in Rochester, NY, is recruiting early and mid-career tenure-track faculty as part of a major expansion of its basic and translational science research base.
- We seek energetic and innovative scientists to join a highly interactive, growing multidisciplinary research community.
- New faculty will benefit from vibrant graduate/professional training programs, state-of-the-art infrastructure and core facilities, and a solid Institutional commitment to career development.
- The Wilmot Cancer Institute is the cancer research hub at the University of Rochester, attracting more than $30M in cancer-directed funding annually.
- Wilmot’s core Research Programs include: ‘Genetics, Epigenetics and Metabolism,’ ‘Cancer Microenvironment’ and ‘Cancer Prevention and Control’.
- The center boasts an extensive clinical trials program providing opportunities for innovative translational research.
- Research areas of focus include cancer cell metabolism and (epi)genetics, cancer microenvironment/immunology and cancer bioinformatics.
- The Wilmot Cancer Institute and UR Medicine are the major comprehensive, multidisciplinary cancer care providers in central New York State and the Finger Lakes region, with >6000 new patients annually.
- PhD and/or MD degree or equivalent.
- Demonstrated track record of research accomplishment in an area relevant to cancer biology.
How to apply
Please submit a CV, statement of research interests/plans, a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion statement, pdfs of two key publications, and have three letters of recommendation sent to the search committee - c/o Jaycee Turney at Jaycee_Turney@urmc.rochester.edu. Review of applications will start November 1, 2023.
The University of Rochester is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity
and inclusion. The University believes that a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace culture enhances
the performance of our organization and our ability to fulfill our important missions. The University is
committed to fostering and supporting a workplace culture inclusive of people regardless of their race,
ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, marital
status, age, physical abilities, political affiliation, religious beliefs or any other non-merit fact, so that all
employees feel included, equally valued and supported.
The University of Rochester is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Assistant Professor $105,000 - $145,000 Annually
Associate Professor $130,000 - $175,000 Annually
The referenced pay range represents the minimum and maximum annual salary for this faculty position. Individual salaries will be determined within the job’s salary range, and will be determined by considering factors including, but not limited to, market data, education, experience, qualifications, expertise of the individual, and internal equity considerations. Incentive-based compensation may also be applicable and will be discussed during the hiring process.