Highlights of this opportunity:
- Potential starting base salary range: $250-$282,480K
- Permanent full-time position
- Daily schedule, Monday-Friday, 7:30am-4:00 pm or 8am-4:30pm; tour of duty to be discussed during interview process
- Responsible for providing a wide range of direct patient care services to Veterans throughout the healthcare system
- Clinical leader of the interdisciplinary treatment team by providing clinical leadership within all PM&RS therapy clinics
- Attends all identified clinical and administrative meetings, participates in quarterly medical staff meetings and peer reviews upon request
VA offers an exceptional benefits package for physicians, including up to 55 days off annually, affordable health, life, vision, dental, and long-term care insurance, up to 12 weeks of paid paternity/maternity leave, malpractice insurance that includes tail coverage, and more. Working for federal employers allows you to apply for Public Service Loan Forgiveness after 10 years of service.
Don’t miss this chance to join our team and serve those who have served us! #WorkatVA
****Candidates must possess an active, current, unrestricted license in any U.S. State. ******
The Physiatrist is responsible for providing a wide range of patient care services to Veterans throughout the health care system. The staff physiatrist is responsible for providing direct patient care to all programs listed below:
- General Physiatry Clinic.
- Pain Clinic Consultant.
- Traumatic Brain Injury/Polytrauma.
- Major Medical Clinic DME Review.
- Amputee Clinic.
- Spinal Cord Injury Clinic.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Staff physiatrist will ensure all medical record documentation related to his or her practice is complete and timely as per policies and procedures. The physiatrist will also adhere to standards outlined by the facilities policies and standards of practice for all procedures completed.
- Staff physiatrist acts as the clinical leader of the interdisciplinary treatment team, making decisions/modifications to the treatment plan with input from all rehabilitation treatment team disciplines as appropriate. This physiatrist is also responsible for providing clinical leadership within all PM&RS therapy clinics.
- Staff physiatrist attends all identified clinical and administrative meetings, participates in quarterly medical staff meetings and peer reviews (upon request), and participates in facility and service line quality improvement initiatives/activities.
- Staff physiatrists will strive to achieve the highest level of customer service, flexibility/adaptability, organizational stewardship, creative and systems thinking. Will also incorporate Geriatric and Veteran-centric care into their practice.
- Services are provided to meet the needs of the Veterans per clinical practice guidelines, and rehabilitation protocols and treatments are modified and implemented to ensure measurable outcomes.
- Other duties as assigned.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday; 7:30 am to 4:00 pm, or 8:00 am to 4:30 pm; Tour of duty to be discussed during the interview process.