Baylor Scott and White Medical Center Austin Oak Hill
Joining the Baylor Scott and White Health team of medical professionals is a calling that is both fulfilling and rewarding. Our culture thrives in a physician-led spirit of excellence. Becoming a member of our multidisciplinary team grants you access to collegiality, innovation and advanced resources in technology. National and regional recognition of our hospitals by U.S. News & World Report is a reflection of our talent and commitment to advanced quality care that is safe and compassionate.
Baylor Scott and White Health is seeking a BC/BE Breast Surgeon to join our outstanding Breast Surgery care program at our newest facility in the fast growing, central Texas area in Austin, TX. This is an employed career opportunity with a generous benefits package that offers work-life balance, a competitive salary, productivity bonus, moving allowance, and no state income tax.
We are looking for a committed team player with a favorable work/ training history. The ideal candidate should be focused on quality, and be able to effectively collaborate with referring physicians, agencies and other professionals to provide optimum patient care within our award-winning integrated health care system.
- Completion of an accredited Breast Surgical Oncology or Surgical Oncology Fellowship
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in General Surgery
- Possession or eligibility to obtain a TX Medical License
- Passion for establishing collaborative, trusting relationships with referral sources and peers in a multidisciplinary clinic setting.
- Comfort with a solo-practice model. Physician will be the only breast surgeon at this facility with room to grow and define the program.
- At least 5 years of experience preferred
- Robust established practice for the new physician to step into
- No general surgery call required for this position
- Advanced breast imaging
- Clinic is located in medical office building on hospital campus
- Da Vinci Xi robot onsite (robotics not required)
- Fully integrated system utilizing Epic EMR
About Austin Oak Hill, TX
Baylor Scott and White Medical Center – Austin is the newest full-service hospital in the Oak Hill community of Southwest Austin. Opened in the fall of 2019, the medical center includes an emergency department, operating rooms, imaging and other services, and plays a central role in community wellness. A primary and specialty care clinic are located adjacent to the medical center.
Located minutes from downtown Austin, Oak Hill sits at the edge of scenic Texas Hill Country. One of the oldest neighborhoods in Austin, Oak Hill features homes dating back to the 1800’s. A strong neighborhood association and award-winning school district reinforce the family-friendly hometown atmosphere. The city of Austin boasts over 35 outdoor trails, a state-of-the-art soccer stadium hosting the Austin FC, the Circuit of the Americas Formula 1 track, and robust live music and food scenes. Whether you enjoy being outdoors, are looking for an active nightlife, or want to find a family-friendly area with plentiful activities, Austin has it all!
About Baylor Scott and White Health
As the largest not-for-profit healthcare system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States, Baylor Scott and White Health was born from the 2013 combination of Baylor Health Care System and Scott and White Healthcare. Today, Baylor Scott and White includes 52 hospitals, more than 800 patient care sites, 7,300 active physicians, over 49,000 employees and the Scott & White Health Plan.