When you join Sound, you join an organization that strives to be the unmatched leader in improving quality and reducing the cost of healthcare in the communities we serve. You will feel empowered to be creative and utilize your leadership skills to problem-solve and drive improvement.
Southwestern Medical Center is located in Lawton, Oklahoma, and is a part of the ScionHealth healthcare network. The hospital provides a comprehensive range of medical services and high-quality care.
- 11-bed ED with a Level IV trauma center
- Volume of ED –18,695
- Procedures are required
- 24-hour coverage, 12-hour shifts, 7a-7p
- Board certification in emergency medicine is required
- Excellent Independent contractor compensation with liability/malpractice coverage provided
- Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval
- The Joint Commission for Significant, Sustained Improvement
- Joint Commission Certified Primary Stroke Center
- Joint Commission Accreditations in Ambulatory Health Care and Laboratory Services
- CARF Accreditation
Location & Lifestyle
Lawton, Oklahoma, located just 90 miles southwest of Oklahoma City, is in the heart of the Great Plains Country and is best known for Fort Still Military Reservation. Lawton is home to the Great Plains Technology Center and Cameron University. With abundant lakes, including Lake Lawtonka, Lawton offers a great place for water sports, camping, and hiking. With some of the most breathtaking scenery in the state, Mount Scott is 2000 feet above the plains. If you prefer indoor activities there are a multitude of options with cultural festivals, historical landmarks, casinos, entertainment, and a plethora of restaurants and shopping. Forbes listed Lawton as the “Best Small Places for Businesses and Careers.”
Success Happens When you Start With your People
Do you have big ideas and even bigger ambitions? We are looking for an emergency medicine physician who is passionate about embracing innovation. Sound Physicians brings leadership, organization, technology, and process to confront the pain points that every emergency department must contend with today including reducing avoidable readmissions, managing patients who make frequent ED visits, implementing efficient workflows, and a commitment to delivering a positive clinician and patient experience.
- Commitment to our front-line clinicians
- Contributions are valued and rewarded
- Clinician-specific performance feedback
- Data-driven physician dashboards with automated analytics
- Optimized daily workflows and optimized scheduling
- Compliance support