BEAUTIFUL, COASTAL VIRGINIA
RIVERSIDE HEALTH SYSTEM MISSION: To care for others as we would care for those we love.
Join us on the Chesapeake Bay coast of Virginia where sailing, fishing, championship golf, and outstanding schools are just part of the reason you should consider relocating to our community!
Practice Opportunity: Williamsburg
Riverside Health System’s Lifelong Health (LLH) division is seeking a Geriatric Physician/Medical Director who is passionate about providing care for older adults to join us at one of our upscale continuing care retirement communities, Patriots Colony in Williamsburg, Virginia.
- BE/BC in Internal Medicine and Geriatrics required
- Part of the largest sub-specialty (Lifelong Health) in the Medical Group
- Worked RVU model
- Sign-on bonus
- Excellent benefits package
- Paid malpractice
- Relocation allowance
- 6-weeks PTO
- Annual CME allowance
- Riverside Health System is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization, qualified for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Unable to support J1 visa providers
Lifestyle of the Virginia Peninsula (Yorktown-Hampton-Newport News-Williamsburg-Gloucester)
- Fish, sail, or water ski on the James River or the Chesapeake Bay.
- Unique assortment of cultural and historical amenities as well as sophisticated dining and entertainment.
- Annual LPGA golf tournament attracts the top golfers in the world.
- 2 place in the United States to raise a family (Parenthood magazine).
- Multitude of outstanding educational options; including local colleges and universities.
- Advanced placement courses at all area high schools.
- 3 international baccalaureate programs, magnet school for science and technology, high school for the arts.
- Population/service area: 650,000; 45 minutes to the Atlantic Ocean, 70 minutes to Richmond, 3 hours to Washington, DC,and the Outer Banks, NC.
- Average home price: $197,000 with 4 beautiful seasons.
- Three airports to choose from.
Specialized Clinical Expertise with a Sense of Community
Riverside Medical Group is one of Virginia’s largest and most diverse multi-specialty group practices. 700+ providers, across every clinical specialty and subspecialty, care for close to a half-million patients. Many of the nation’s top providers choose to practice medicine at Riverside. Our clinical team is the best of the best – from the first Virginian to serve as President of the American Academy of Family Physicians to the physician author raising funds for underserved populations to those holding national leadership positions.
Riverside Medical Group is governed by an elected Board of Directors who are actively practicing physicians and advanced practice providers from our primary care, specialty and hospital-based services. In 2021, the Board of Directors unanimously approved the following strategic goals to align with our health system's three-year strategic plan. Riverside Medical Group will:
- Be a Destination Clinician Medical Group.
- Be a Destination Healthcare Provider.
- Be a Top Decile Performer in Reported Quality Outcomes.
- Operate a High-Performance Provider Network (payor- and employer-preferred).