Piedmont Augusta Wound Care Physician
Role:To be the leading full time physician that will coordinate with Vascular in preventing amputations in the Outpatient Wound Care Program at the Piedmont Augusta campus in Georgia. This location is a 581 bed hospital specializing in adult care. Our Wound & Hyperbaric Center is a hospital outpatient program providing treatment for problem and chronic wounds and hyperbaric treatments.
Location:Augusta, Georgia is a beautiful mid-sized city located on the border of Georgia and South Carolina with loads of southern charm. In addition the cost of living is very attractive, and there is easy driving access to several of the South s largest major metropolitan areas, including Atlanta, Charlotte, and Charleston.
Our Program:We strive to improve function and quality of life for patients through excellent patient care, advanced wound care with personalized treatment plans guided by evidenced based treatment plans.
Staffing Design:Our Outpatient Wound and HBO Center is designed to have two physicians running clinics and supervising Hyperbaric. The Center is open five days a week with clinics that allow two Physicians to work concurrently. Presently, we have one full time physician and three private practice physicians.
- Board certified in General Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Vascular Surgery, Family Medicine or Internal Medicine
- Post graduate fellowship training through an ACGME accredited program
- New graduates/experienced candidates will be considered
- Experience in managing diabetes and patients with a high risk for amputations
- Wound Certification desired however can be obtained within one year of hire date
- Provide exceptional patient experience through quality care and healed outcomes
- Serve as a physician leader in marketing our Wound Care Program within the community in collaboration with the Manager of Outpatient Wound and Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy.
- Advocate in the development of a new program involving amputation prevention in collaboration with Vascular, Endocrinology, Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, Diabetes Education and Wound Care
- Embrace team participation with skilled and experienced nurses
Compensation:Competitive compensation package+.
Benefit Package: Contracts include: Insurance; Group plan options for medical/dental/vision/disability/life. Liability insurance for professional practice provided. 403(b), 457(b) available for tax deferred retirement planning.
Allowances for CME travel, professional membership, publications provided.