Here at Optum, part of the largest network of medical groups in the nation, we are seeking a dedicated and patient-centric Gastroenterologist to join our growing G/I Specialty Care team in the Southern New Jersey market with Optum Tri-State (i.e., previously a Riverside Medical Group practice).
At Optum, we are transforming healthcare nationally while providing physician-led care locally; and provide robust outpatient and surgical Gastroenterology care services throughout greater Union county with plans for continued future growth in this dynamic and ever-evolving specialty.
With full-time and/or part-time opportunities available at various sites, please apply within to be connected with one of our recruiters to learn why working with the largest care delivery organization in the world will support in providing your life s best work. (sm)
- Physician-led, patient centered team-based environment.
- Independent practice with strong affiliation with local tertiary care hospital that provides a full range of gastroenterology medicine.
- Collegial multispecialty group practice with a large referral base and a focus on provider wellness and team-based care.
- Surgery Center/ASC centers located conveniently down the street from our offices, and ownership opportunities available with tenure.
- Robust in-house diagnostic testing facility.
- Full complement of excellent support staff (Advanced Practice Clinician, Medical Assistants and Administrative teams) and dedicated practice management systems in place that enable you to practice at the peak of your licensure and assist within patient care.
- Flexible Monday Friday schedule options, during normal business hours (i.e., 8:00a 4:00p or 9:00a 5:00p, but some locations can offer evening shift hours if desirable).
*Monday s, Wednesday s, and Friday s are generally scheduled for combination of outpatient care services in one of our state-of-the-art specialty hubs and inpatient hospital rounding (i.e., usually at least 3 days per week).
*Tuesday s and Thursday s are generally scheduled for procedural days in local Surgery Center/ASC Center (must go into the local hospital(s) at least once per month, on a weekday).
- No weekend shifts required but generally require shared/rotating on-call support (i.e., 1 full week of on-call every 4-5 weeks; anticipate very low volumes per on-call shift, majority is phone-only but could rarely be called to hospital for emergent need/consultation).
- EPIC EMR system.
- Supported to grow your practice and patient panel.
- Consult with patients to understand their health concerns and perform specialized tests to diagnose and treat patients.
- Perform endoscopic and colonoscopy procedures (i.e., ERCP and endoscopic ultrasound procedure experience highly preferred).
- Examines patients in clinic, hospital rounds and performs surgical procedures as needed.
- Consult with patient s primary care physician and other specialists.
- Serve as collaborating physician to assigned Advanced Practice Clinician(s).
What makes an Optum organization different?
- Value-Based care model; Evidence-Based medicine.
- Quadruple Aim: Improving Patient Satisfaction; Lowering Costs; Delivery High-Quality Outcomes; Increasing Provider Satisfaction and Well-Being.
- Providers are supported to practice at the peak of their license.
- We recognize that if you want to provide good care and do it well, you can t do it alone this is the foundation of the team-based care model.
- A culture of Innovation, Collaboration, Transformation, and Growth.
- We are influencing change on a national scale while still maintaining the culture and community of our local care organizations; putting people first and working together with Optum-ism striving to improve everyday with an open mind and an open heart.
Compensation & Benefits Highlights:
- Guaranteed, competitive compensation model based on quality, not quantity, with significant earnings potential, annual increases, and bonus eligibility.
- Financial stability and support of a Fortune 5 Company United Health Group
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, and Vision coverage.
- Excellent PTO package (increasing with tenure) & Paid maternity/paternity leave.
- Robust retirement options including employer funded contributions.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP for UGH stock).
- Physician partnership opportunities with Optum.
- Company paid malpractice insurance and tail coverage.
- Consistent Career Growth, Professional Development, and Supportive Culture.
- Supportive and appreciative culture.
- Fellowship training in Gastroenterology.
- Residency training in Internal Medicine.
- Board Certification or Board Eligibility in Gastroenterology.
- ERCP and Endoscopic Ultrasound procedure experience highly preferred.
- Unrestricted medical licensure in the state of New Jersey (or has New Jersey license application submitted and in-process).
- Active and unrestricted CDS permit (or ability to obtain prior to start).
- Active and unrestricted DEA License (or ability to obtain prior to start).
- Must be CPR certified (or willing to obtain prior to start).
For New Jersey Residents Only: The salary range for New Jersey residents is $437,580 to $659,400. Salary Range is defined as total cash compensation at target. The actual range and pay mix of base and bonus is variable based upon experience and metric achievement. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Please click here to view the full job description