General Surgeon| Bedford, VA
Our Vision and Where You Fit In:
Centra values integrity, excellence, respect, and diversity. As we pursue our mission to improve the health and quality of life for the communities we serve, we want to make certain we consistently reflect each of these values in our service and interactions with our patients, their loved ones, and others. We continue to demonstrate excellence as our leapfrog scores and gains over the past two years are impressive! You will find our non-profit, provider-led health system to be an organization that encourages collaboration, new ideas, and success. Every employee has a voice here at Centra, and our just cause initiative ensures that each person will be heard.
Our location is ideal. Positioned in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, you will be surrounded by beauty and endless opportunities for outdoor adventures. Our hospitality is notable. Our dedication to our mission of inspiring hope and advancing health and healing is ongoing. You can thrive and make a difference here at Centra!
You Can Expect:
- Total Cash compensation up to 450k annually
- Vacation: 5.5 weeks
- Schedule is 2 OR days, 3 office days
- Call 10 days/month
- Dedicated team of 2 other MDs and 1 APP
- Bread and butter general surgery cases, mostly laparoscopic - with opportunity for more complex cases
- Access to large referral network with multiple primary care offices
- Cerner EMR
Effective mentorship is crucial for creating a well-balanced team. Our mentorship program includes a collegial-style approach where the successful candidate will work alongside other physicians in the practice. Patient and procedure volumes will gradually ramp up as the candidate feels comfortable. Even after full partnership integration, providers will have assistance from others for more complex cases. We believe that good mentorship, including structured mentorship programs, is important in retaining and promoting physicians especially as they transition from resident to full attending.
Dedicated APP & Nursing Support
Our APPs can see both new patient and established patient visits. There are imminent plans to utilize the APPs for Botox, Cystoscopies, and as a first assist in the OR. Our physicians participate in an interview process to pair with a specific nurse to work alongside them in the office and as a result we have a very low nursing turnover rate.
Details on Physician Compensation & Benefits
- Total Cash Compensation up to 450k
- Additional Benefits Package will include:
- 403(b) and 457(b) tax deferred savings plan; Immediate vested employer contribution match
- Health benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, and Supplemental)
- Production premiums
- Sign-on bonus
- CME - $7,500 with 5 days for CME in addition to
- Excess call pay
- Allowable Time off 224 hours or 5.5 weeks
- Up to 100k in student loan repayment
- Up to $10,000 in relocation assistance
- Opportunities for leadership and advancement including a partnership track.
- Strong support from executive leadership including physician leadership training programs and opportunities to lead the organization to become a zero harm institution
- As a nonprofit organization, Centra employees may qualify for the federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness program
- Sponsorship available
- Completion of medical degree and residency training in an general surgery.
- MD/DO with certification by an American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) board in physician's primary specialty. Must be board certified or in the process of certifying.
About Centra Medical Group and Community
Centra Medical Group (CMG) is comprised of 500+ Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers and serves 600,000 central and southern Virginians. CMG offers an integrated healthcare system, including 4 hospitals, 5 regional medical centers, 70+ physician practices, including primary care, medical, and surgical specialists. At Centra Medical Group you ll find the kind of leadership (physician-led), forward-thinking, and partnerships necessary to thrive in today s healthcare marketplace.
Centra is continuing to grow, with plans to expand into a larger campus in the next few years. These plans include the construction of a new specialty office building, which will house the Brain and Spine programs along with other surgical specialists. In addition, a new 5-story patient care tower will house an additional 100 patients at Lynchburg General Hospital. The LGH ED will be replaced and incorporated as part of the new Northeast Tower. The new Emergency Department will include 71 treatment bays, five trauma bays and four imaging rooms. Enhancements will include a split flow model of care to expedite and enhance patient experience of care, an integrated EmPATH psychiatric patient space, super track/imaging/results lounge and improved connectivity and utilization of the ED observation unit.
Bedford, Virginia, known as the "place that sells itself," boasts the Blue Ridge Mountains to the North, Smith Mountain Lake to the South, Lynchburg to the East, and I-81/Roanoke to the West. The town of 6,000 offers the variety of all four seasons, plus amenities that are perfect for the outdoor enthusiast. Bedford is also home to the National D-Day Memorial and has a historical, community charm.
Our care givers at Centra are the most valuable asset we have and it is our mission and commitment to build and sustain a diverse and inclusive environment.When recruiting and retaining talent at Centra, our hiring needs are based on matching a candidates job qualifications with our job requirements and department needs without regard to race, color, age, religion or belief, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Centra is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.
Be yourself. Be a partner with Centra.