Mercy Clinic in Joplin, Missouri is a busy, comprehensive, well-established practice in Southwest Missouri. Mercy Clinic OB/GYN is recruiting an additional OB/GYN physician to start in 2024 to meet growing patient demand throughout Joplin and the surrounding area. We perform 110 deliveries per month. At Mercy Joplin you’ll find the freedom to work independently while getting the support of a large network. Work alongside an expert team of care professionals including 5 OB/GYN’s and 2 APP’s who genuinely care for one another and share your passion for providing compassionate, patient-centered care.
Mercy OB/GYN Joplin Offers:
- $400,000 starting salary +$50,000 sign-on bonus +paid relocation
- Focus on the area of practice you enjoy most
- High patient demand and current access issues means a thriving practice quickly
- Call is 1:6 allows for a flexible work-life balance
- Supportive mentors, partners, colleagues, and friends to share difficult cases
- Rated in the top 5% nationally for overall clinical excellence by Healthgrades
- Forbes "America’s Best Employers" two years in a row
Mercy Hospital Joplin
- 250-bed hospital servicing southwestern Missouri, northwestern Arkansas, northeastern Oklahoma and southeastern Kansas
- Over 1200 deliveries annually
- Two da Vinci robots available
- 2 C-Section ORs, 15 LDPR’s, 3 Post-Partum rooms, 2 exam rooms
- 24/7 in-house anesthesiology
- System-wide EPIC EMR
Mercy Clinic Offers:
- 2-year guarantee at $400K, $50,000 in Recruitment Incentives plus $10K relocation allowance
- 4 weeks’ vacation plus 1 week CME (while on guarantee)
- NHSC qualified locations-Student Loan Repayment Program
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance
- Retirement (401k/403b/457b) plan
- Occurrence-based malpractice
Appreciate an excellent quality of life in Joplin, where a crossroads of culture lies tucked away in the beautiful Ozarks of Southwest Missouri
- As the fourth-largest metropolitan area in the state, Joplin maintains the lowest cost of living and highest bang-for-your buck
- Population of the Greater Joplin Area is 75,000 (flourishing to over 200,000 during the workday) Joplin serves as a hub of economic, health and cultural activity for multiple communities in the four-state area
- Spend more time at home with no commute. Beautiful neighborhoods are located within an easy 5-10 minute drive from the clinic and hospital.
- Balance work with an active lifestyle with activities including golf (1 private, 3 public courses), tennis, numerous gyms, running, and hiking the scenic chert bluffs
- Enjoy easy access to nearby streams and lakes for fishing, kayaking and boating
- Multiple preK-12 options exist to make sure young minds have the opportunity to thrive. Choose from public, private and parochial schools, local colleges and a state university.
- Become a valued member of a diverse, growing medical hub with Kansas City University-Joplin's medical school and their 160+ students enrolled per year. A future dental school will open on KCU-Joplin's campus in 2023!
- Joplin has its own airport with United flights to Chicago and Denver. We are less than 1 hour from national airports in Springfield, MO and Bentonville, AR and 90 minutes from international airport in Tulsa.
Building a Ministry of Health Care
Mercy Clinic is a strong, physician-led and professionally managed multi-specialty group and is part of the Sisters of Mercy Health System, the fifth largest Catholic Health System in the nation. Located in seven states, Mercy is comprised of 43 hospitals employing 40,000 coworkers.
Working for Mercy gives you all the advantages of a larger organization balanced by the spirit of a smaller patient-centered medical group. You’ll discover a friendly and cooperative environment where people care for one another at every level. What sets us apart is our unique approach where physicians and professional managers share leadership and make decisions together to improve upon, and deliver, world-class care.
Mercy has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.