* Specialty: Neurosurgery
* Schedule: Full-Time
* Call Schedule: Share equal call for the practice with the other two physicians in the practice and on a rotational basis for the Emergency Department with other Neurosurgeons on staff at the hospital.
* Practice Detail: Eastside Neurosurgery, PC, a well-known established practice on the east side of metro Detroit, has an immediate opportunity for an excellent neurosurgeon to join an existing 2-member group with an impeccable community reputation. This is an employment opportunity with St. John Providence ? Physician Practice Network for 2 years, and then transition seamlessly into the private practice. The position offers a competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefit package; details will be shared at the appropriate time during the interview process.
* EMR System: Cerner
* Facility: Ascension St. John Hospital
* Location: On campus at Ascension St. John Hospital which is on the border of Detroit and the Grosse Pointes
* Visa Eligibility: None
Paid time off (PTO)
Various health insurance options & wellness plans
Retirement benefits including employer match plans
Long-term & short-term disability
Employee assistance programs (EAP)
Parental leave & adoption assistance
Ways to give back to your community
*Please note, benefits and benefits eligibility can vary by position, exclusions may apply for some roles (for example: PRN, Short-Term Option, etc.). Actual compensation offer will vary based upon role, education, experience, location, and qualifications. Connect with your Talent Advisor for additional specifics.
Ascension Medical Group - Eastside Neurosurgery is looking for a full-time Neurosurgeon to join a busy practice.
* Seeking an experienced well-rounded surgeon with an interest in spine, brain and trauma cases
* This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to partner with Ascension St. John Hospital to provide medical and surgical services to patients with neurosurgery issues
About Ascension St. John Hospital:
* Ascension St. John Hospital was founded in 1952 and is a regional referral teaching hospital.
* We provide comprehensive accredited training to over 200 resident physicians, 30 fellows, and 56 core medical students in accordance to ACGME requirements.
* Level I Trauma Center with a Chest Pain Center and Heart Failure Center accreditation
* Certified Stroke Center with advanced certification by the Joint Commission. We specialize in neuro-endovascular treatments for acute stroke.
* Named a Blue Distinction Center in both cardiovascular and orthopedic care by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network
* Averaging 28,000 admissions, 3,000 births, 15,000 inpatient/outpatient surgeries and over 105,000 ER visits annually
About Detroit, Michigan:
* Located in southeast Michigan near Lake St. Clair and the five Grosse Pointe communities; private parks, boutique shops, art galleries, coffee shops and restaurants
* Home to Belle Isle Island and Aquarium, Detroit Institute of Arts, Detroit Opera House, Detroit Symphony Orchestra, Fisher Theatre, and four professional sports teams
* Population 672,000
* Voted America's Great Comeback City
About Ascension Medical Group:
When you join Ascension Medical Group (AMG), you are entering a community where physician and advanced practice provider engagement and experience is recognized as a key driver of delivering excellent patient care.
With 1,900 sites of care and 7,000 providers strong, AMG is one of the largest healthcare provider networks in the United States. Physicians and advanced practice providers benefit from a collaborative approach to care, significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages.
* Evaluates and treats patients with appropriate medical and surgical diagnostic and treatment skills. Coordinates discharge planning with case management.
* Recommends, participates in, and works to ensure the success of efforts to improve cost effectiveness and quality of care provided to patients.
* Accepts patient referrals from other physicians. Acts as admitting, attending and/or consulting physician for patients who require hospitalization for primary medical and surgical diagnoses, depending on needs of patients, medical staff and hospital.
* Participates in academic programs (e.g. medical education and research) as requested.
* Provides appropriate documentation that meets insurance company requirements; appeal all denials in a timely manner.
* Participates in inpatient and outpatient consultation for specialty.
? Physician MD/DO with Prescriptive Authority credentialed from the Michigan Board of Medicine obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date
? Completion of training in an accredited Neurosurgery residency program
? Board eligible/board certified in Neurosurgery
? Demonstrated commitment to excellence in patient care
? Interest in doing some teaching and clinical research is optional
? Completion of training in an accredited Interventional Neuroradiology fellowship program is desirable
? Endoscopic/Skull Base Surgery training is desirable
? Completion of training in a Spine Fellowship is desirable
? Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) required
Why Join Our Team
Ascension Michigan operates 16 hospitals and more than 300 related healthcare facilities that together employ nearly 23,000 compassionate associates. When you join our care teams, you join a team dedicated to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of the communities we serve throughout Michigan.
Ascension is a leading non-profit, faith-based national health system made up of over 150,000 associates and 2,600 sites of care, including more than 140 hospitals and 40 senior living communities in 19 states.
Our Mission, Vision and Values encompass everything we do at Ascension. Every associate is empowered to give back, volunteer and make a positive impact in their community. Ascension careers are more than jobs; they are opportunities to enhance your life and the lives of the people around you.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
For further information, view the EEO Know Your Rights (English) poster or EEO Know Your Rights (Spanish) poster.
As a military friendly organization, Ascension promotes career flexibility and offers many benefits to help support the well-being of our military families, spouses, veterans and reservists. Our associates are empowered to apply their military experience and unique perspective to their civilian career with Ascension.
Pay Non-Discrimination Notice
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official applica