At Lehigh Valley Health Network (LVHN), our dedicated team provides compassionate end-of-life care to patients and their families. The full range of services we offer creates a space of peace, comfort, courage, and dignity for our patients. Our excellent team of physicians can provide care at home or at the LVHN hospice unit, staffed with round-the-clock care, so the patient and our colleagues receive the support they deserve. A career in hospice medicine is more than a job, it's a calling.
Be part of a compassionate team when you join LVHN s hospice department. You ll enjoy:
- A culture of caring for patients, families, and colleagues
- Innovative technology including state-of the-art tele-health services
- National recognition for our commitment to excellence, quality, and mission-driven care
- Overseeing inpatient unit and face to face home visits
- Work Hours: 7:30-4:30
- Call schedule: Approx. every 4th weekend/4 weeknights per month
- Rotating holiday call schedule shared among the group
Benefits & Perks:
As a nationally certified Great Place to Work , we acknowledge the dedication of our colleagues and offer a generous Total Rewards package that makes LVHN an even better place to work and grow your career. Explore our benefits.
- Starting Bonus
- Resident and Fellow Educational Stipends
- Malpractice Insurance with Tail Coverage
- CME Time and Allowance
- Relocation (if applicable)
- Team-oriented physician committed to excellence in clinical care, interdisciplinary collaboration and teaching who brings the highest level of respect for the expertise each hospice team member contributes. Someone who will empower the team to create the best possible end of life experience for patients and families.
- Must be Board Eligible or Board Certified
- Familiarity with the Medicare Hospice Benefit
- A current PA Medical License or ability to obtain one is required
LVHN hospitals in the Lehigh Valley are the only hospitals in the region to have received Magnet® recognition five consecutive times since 2002. This prestigious recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center demonstrates our commitment to nursing excellence and quality patient outcomes. LVHN is home to five clinical institutes. Each serve as a hub for innovation, collaboration and education. Our institutes include Lehigh Valley Topper Cancer Institute, Lehigh Valley Heart and Vascular Institute, Lehigh Valley Institute for Surgical Excellence, Lehigh Valley Fleming Neuroscience Institute and Lehigh Valley Orthopedic Institute. LVHN is also home to Lehigh Valley Reilly Children's Hospital, which is the only children's hospital in the region. This hospital gives our community access to more than 30 pediatric specialties, Children's ExpressCARE locations and a dedicated Children's ER.
We've been consistently recognized by U.S. News & World Report as the top hospital in the region and among the best in the state. We're also Great Place to Work-Certified™, which means an overwhelming majority of our colleagues have a positive experience at LVHN.
These designations tell you that LVHN is a great place to work from hire to retire. If you are someone who aligns with LVHN's core values - Compassion, Integrity, Collaboration and Excellence – you will have a rewarding and successful career here.
Individuals are required to adhere to all LVHN vaccination policies in effect at the time of hire. Employees will be subject to pre-employment drug and alcohol testing. Please note that safety sensitive positions cannot test positive for marijuana or its metabolites, medical or otherwise.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Lehigh Valley Health Network is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with, and where applicable, in addition to federal, state and local employment regulations, Lehigh Valley Health Network will provide employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or other such protected classes as may be defined by law. All personnel actions and programs will adhere to this policy. Personnel actions and programs include, but are not limited to recruitment, selection, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, educational programs and/or social activities.