This is truly an extraordinary time to join the Lehigh Valley Health Network. LVHN is one of the nation's most advanced health networks, offering comprehensive care in 95 clinical specialties. We are the region’s largest employer and the health care provider of choice for more people in the region. Love Where You Work! To learn more, please send your CV to Catherine.Sommers@lvhn.org.
Lehigh Valley Hospice is a part of the fabric of care at LVHN. We offer physical, social, spiritual, and emotional care to the patients and families of our community during the last stages of illness, the dying process and bereavement. Our specialty-trained interdisciplinary hospice team includes physicians, CRNPs, nurses, social workers, spiritual counselors, and administrative staff. The hospice physician’s role is to cultivate an enriching, supportive environment for each member of the team. This crucial support allows each the team to be the eyes, ears, hands, and heart of the physicians at the bedside. Education is part of our culture as we have 2 ACGME Fellows per year that rotate with us. Our hospice program leads the community in providing a comprehensive resource to patients and families during their final passage, allowing for peace, comfort, courage and dignity in their own home or inpatient hospice unit. Our team recognizes the disparities in health care and strives to provide equitable and culturally sensitive care to patients and their families.
- Serve as hospice physician for designated interdisciplinary teams, attend biweekly IDG meetings and do home visits as needed
- Round on hospice inpatients (includes in-person and telehealth)
- Work Hours: 7:30-4:30
- Call schedule: Approx. every 4th weekend/3 week nights per month
- Rotating holiday call schedule shared among the group
- Team-oriented physician committed to excellence in clinical care, interdisciplinary collaboration and teaching who brings the highest level of respect for the expertise each hospice team member contributes. Someone who will empower the team to create the best possible end of life experience for patients and families.
- Must be Board Eligible or Board Certified
- Familiarity with the Medicare Hospice Benefit
- A current PA Medical License or ability to obtain one is required
Benefits & Perks:
- Attractive work schedule
- Highly competitive compensation with a superb benefits package
- Low-cost health insurance for employees and their families
- Generous CME allowance and time
- Top-tier retirement programs
- Educational stipend & Loan Forgiveness Assistance Program
- Malpractice insurance with tail coverage
- Relocation assistance
Opens in new tab https://youtu.be/GD67a9hIXUY