Director, Center of Emphasis in Neurosciences
The Department of Molecular and Translational Medicine in the Paul L. Foster School of Medicine at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso is accepting applications from highly qualified clinician-scientists or scientists for the position of Director, Center of Emphasis in Neurosciences (COE-N). The Director will collaborate with senior leadership to implement a vision for the Center to enhance the quality, visibility and impact of its scientific, clinical and educational programs.
The faculty in the COE-N are researching in the areas of Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson disease and other neurological disorders with a goal of identifying the genes that underlie major neurological illnesses and developing treatment strategies informed by understanding the genetics of mental illnesses. The research also focuses on the environmental and psychological factors that contribute to mental illness with a special expertise in the study of debilitating diseases. The Center is complemented by substantial core facilities, and by a distinctive biostatistics and epidemiology unit that provides expertise in cutting-edge bioinformatics and data analysis.
Qualifications: The successful candidate will possess academic credentials for appointment at the rank of Associate Professor or full-Professor, including:
- M.D., Ph.D. M.D./Ph.D. or an equivalent degree in the field of biological sciences
- Experience in teaching medical students and/or graduate students
- Record of sustained research productivity in the field of Neurosciences
- Active publications in high-quality peer-reviewed journals
- Track record of sustained success in extramural grant funding
- Emerging or established national or international reputation
Institution: TTUHSC El Paso is the fourth independent university in the Texas Tech University System, and is comprised of the Foster School of Medicine, Hunt School of Nursing, the Francis Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, and the new Hunt School of Dental Medicine.
Community: Residents enjoy high-desert climate living in a friendly and diverse community with no state income tax. El Paso is home to the Sun Bowl/Division I athletics, Franklin Mountains State Park (the largest U.S. urban park), museums, AAA baseball team, semi-pro soccer, Broadway series, a classic film festival, and symphony.
- Top 5 Safest Large U.S. Cities, AdvisorSmith, 2021. All-America City (innovation, inclusiveness, and civic engagement), National Civic League, Finalist 2022 Easy access to the El Paso International Airport Exceptional public and private schools
Applications: Interested candidates must apply online at https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/Home/Home?partnerid=25898&siteid=5625#home and enter 34788. For additional information, applicants may contact:
Rajkumar Lakshmanaswamy, Ph.D.
Professor of Molecular and Translational Medicine, and Chair, Department of Molecular and Translational Medicine
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.